Is this a thing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
one can never be too prepared.

But as for mags, how's this. I went to range today. Opened my new safe in preparation. Ah, nice, 3 fully loaded mags. Threw them in my range bag. Get to range, slap a mag in my 43x and it falls right out. Yep, they are for my new gun I've yet to take delivery of. Not exactly Glock mags.
It's not hard to do! I did that at a match about 10 years ago. I have several cordura packs that hold 6 mags each, to keep things organized, except a pack of Ruger mags doesn't work very well for a Sig! Thankfully it was one of the few close matches and I just barely had time to run home and grab the other mag pack. I learned my lesson, I now have a check list I go through before I leave.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
At a guess, I'd say that you have a religious admirer.
I have reconsidered. It must be some green freak who has nightmares about global incineration who is praying for your soul, you nasty, good-for-nothing, wasteful driver of a gas guzzling monster truck. Shame on you!

OP
OP
Sig Fanboy

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What, No .458 socom? Ngmi.
I want one. Just hesitant to take on another caliber to reload. I do already reload 45/70, I think 458 Socom takes same projectile, but haven’t confirmed that. I’m sure the rounds are not cheap but at this point reloading isn’t much cheaper with the cost of components. I already have a suppressor big enough for the round, I bet it’s a hoot to shoot suppressed.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
I want one. Just hesitant to take on another caliber to reload. I do already reload 45/70, I think 458 Socom takes same projectile, but haven’t confirmed that. I’m sure the rounds are not cheap but at this point reloading isn’t much cheaper with the cost of components. I already have a suppressor big enough for the round, I bet it’s a hoot to shoot suppressed.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was being sarcastic but thats a pretty gnarly round for sure. Highly impractical? Maybe … its $$

jAKe47

Full Access Member
Reaction score

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I was being sarcastic but thats a pretty gnarly round for sure. Highly impractical? Maybe … its $$
The thing about.458 is that you can put 400-500 grain projectiles on target at just under 1100 fps MV

from what I hear, you need a high volume can to fully quiet it, but that’s literally 2x the weight of a 300blk projectile

not sure you could get really good expansion with traditional .458 bullets if using subsonic tho.

jAKe47

Full Access Member
Reaction score
l have a ***** ***** of their guns in many calibers and they all shoot great.

Eeeewwwwwwwww...

Just kidding, kinda. I bought one of their uppers years ago and couldn't get the damn thing to chamber a single round. Found a burr in the chamber and had my 'smith ream it out. Took it to the range and it was a single shot. Turns out they didn't drill a gas port. I ended up stripping everything off of it and just keeping the stripped upper and throwing everything else away. I still have that stripped upper somewhere in one of my safes.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
Eeeewwwwwwwww...

Just kidding, kinda. I bought one of their uppers years ago and couldn't get the damn thing to chamber a single round. Found a burr in the chamber and had my 'smith ream it out. Took it to the range and it was a single shot. Turns out they didn't drill a gas port. I ended up stripping everything off of it and just keeping the stripped upper and throwing everything else away. I still have that stripped upper somewhere in one of my safes.
Heard the same thing many times years ago, but their QC has gotten MUCH better in the past 2 years. Every one of their guns I own has worked flawlessly from day one.