Any thoughts on what this stupid truck is doing now? I swear it seems like something new happens every week with this thing.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luchh224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whenever I start the truck, this happens to the actuating vents behind the grill. I have the other side of them off because I moved my ACC sensor there when I put on an aftermarket bumper. Didn't have an issue for a couple months and now this, which makes no sense. Each side is technically independent of each other minus the fact that they all get the movement from the same drive in the middle of the grill, but removing those vents shouldn't effect anything on the other side of the vents.

Anyway, it seems like it is trying to turn in one direction and not being able to due to it getting stuck on itself. After about 5 or 6 tries, it gives us and goes the other way and works just fine. What the hell is the deal here?

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Better yet, a guy mods their truck and then complains because it doesn’t work “right”. Which one is dumber, the guy or the truck?

You can’t fix stupid. It’s too powerful.
there was this dude a few years ago that replaced his WHOLE suspension with ICON stuff and the shop screwed up the install and he blamed Ford for it. I think the title of the thread was "wasnt the truck made for this stuff" or something to that effect.

Aftermarket bumper install most likely is the issue with this one.