Is there something wrong with my ASS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm guessing but I think the ASS is activated by a switch on the brake pedal. Before ********/Cobb, I would lightly press the pedal so the ASS wouldn't activate.

Could be the switch. Low battery makes sense too.

It monitors the brake. I have gotten it down to where when I come to a complete stop at a light, I lightly let off the brake pedal and it turns the ASS off as it doesn't see that I'm fully applying the brake. It monitors a lot off PIDS but that's one of many for sure.

OP
OP
GordoJay

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It monitors the brake. I have gotten it down to where when I come to a complete stop at a light, I lightly let off the brake pedal and it turns the ASS off as it doesn't see that I'm fully applying the brake. It monitors a lot off PIDS but that's one of many for sure.
I do this at stop signs when I know that the engine off time will be less than seven seconds. I read somewhere that seven seconds is the break even time, energy-wise, between the fuel used and the energy needed to start the engine. I'm pretty sure that I'm not lightfooting the brake. :)

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but if I suspect ASS troubles, especially capitalized ASS troubles:oops:, I just stick my pinky in and feel around to check if everything feels normal. Maybe try sticking your thumb in the tail pipe and give it a good probe. Also check if it smells funny, or not, while you are back there.

Sorry I can't help GJ, I have had my Eliminator installed since right after I got my truck. I did notice it seemed to not activate if you were really light on the brake.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but if I suspect ASS troubles, especially capitalized ASS troubles:oops:, I just stick my pinky in and feel around to check if everything feels normal. Maybe try sticking your thumb in the tail pipe and give it a good probe. Also check if it smells funny, or not, while you are back there.

Sorry I can't help GJ, I have had my Eliminator installed since right after I got my truck. I did notice it seemed to not activate if you were really light on the brake.
Need a second opinion? Stick a second finger in haha

Why have you stopped dancing?

OP
OP
GordoJay

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I stuck four fingers in there o_O when I was scooping out gravel after backing up to the pile. My fingers came out really black and I couldn't wipe it all off. Even scrubbing with soap, it was difficult to remove. Do you think this is my problem? Would you like me to mail you a sample?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
TMI @GordoJay

on the main display, left side menu selector, one of the options is to display the auto stop start function. the manual covers some dozen plus reasons why it may not stop the engine. I’d run around with that menu for a bit.

ANY aftermarket mods which may implicate either Battery Management System or might be draining your battery surreptitiously?

OP
OP
GordoJay

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
TMI @GordoJay

on the main display, left side menu selector, one of the options is to display the auto stop start function. the manual covers some dozen plus reasons why it may not stop the engine. I’d run around with that menu for a bit.

ANY aftermarket mods which may implicate either Battery Management System or might be draining your battery surreptitiously?
No mods at all. Was thinking it might go back to Ford if something else went wrong. One year anniversary yesterday, so that's off the table.