GEN 2 Is it me or are prices crazy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My out of state deal? The family went to VA Beach a couple of years ago and loved it. Found a dealer there that would do invoice. Picking up end of September when it cools a bit for a family week at the beach. And probably a couple of days in DC on the way home to teach them about US History before it is all gone! Easy peasy!

Cornwallis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my 2020 Leadfoot early in the pandemic. Only because of that I was able to get about $4k off from a dealer in L.A. it was lot of work though and Leadfoot definitely was more precious to them.

That said, trucks are selling like crazy right now and manufacturers took almost 3 months off of production. If I was a dealer I’d hold too on something like a Raptor that will not be easy for them to replace in their inventory.

Many enthusiast vehicles dealers have seen a very busy last 30 days, including motorcycle and powersports franchises. It’s odd times.

OP
OP
F

Frado760

Reaction score
I bought my 2020 Leadfoot early in the pandemic. Only because of that I was able to get about $4k off from a dealer in L.A. it was lot of work though and Leadfoot definitely was more precious to them.

That said, trucks are selling like crazy right now and manufacturers took almost 3 months off of production. If I was a dealer I’d hold too on something like a Raptor that will not be easy for them to replace in their inventory.

Many enthusiast vehicles dealers have seen a very busy last 30 days, including motorcycle and powersports franchises. It’s odd times.
If you don’t mind me asking what dealership did you deal with for your lead foot.....

I’m going to get on the phone tomorrow and see what kind of deals I can workout out of state...

Has anyone in this forum that is from
California purchased from out of state if so how did it go and if you could give us any info that would be awesome

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not in CA, but purchasing out of state is pretty easy. I purchased 3 of my last 6 cars out of state including one in CA. In my case I went to the dealerships to pick up my vehicles rather than shipping. CA will probably demand you pay them the sales tax or the difference between the tax where you purchased the truck and CA. There may also be a need for a smog check to register even a new vehicle in CA.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hate to say it but jump on autotrader and you will have your pick of any raptor you want includihg features.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
California is a weird state. Lots of rich people, lots of poor people, but comparatively few in the middle class. It's hard to get a deal when there are so many rich suckers around who will happily pay the prices. And the cost of doing business is so high that dealers need to watch their pennies. I was born and raised in California. I love the geography, but detest the government, the crowding, the taxes, and the social policies. My biggest irritation is that people flee the golden state for Colorado and then vote for the same idiotic policies that made California such a ********. And there are so many of them now that Colorado has gone blue.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
California is a weird state. Lots of rich people, lots of poor people, but comparatively few in the middle class. It's hard to get a deal when there are so many rich suckers around who will happily pay the prices. And the cost of doing business is so high that dealers need to watch their pennies. I was born and raised in California. I love the geography, but detest the government, the crowding, the taxes, and the social policies. My biggest irritation is that people flee the golden state for Colorado and then vote for the same idiotic policies that made California such a ********. And there are so many of them now that Colorado has gone blue.

Same trend in AZ. Trump needs to build the wall north.

440CEDC6-979B-406D-8876-B74DF0146316.jpeg

xcartelx

Reaction score
I feel like these threads are being created ad nauseam these days. As I responded in another post, if you're going to buy, buy sooner than later. With no '21 model and a massive decrease in production, prices are already creeping up again. I just called around the entire state at the behest of a buddy looking to trade his '17 in and no dealership was even willing to start a negotiation at MSRP; they were all still calling for an ADM. Eventually, other states will likely do the same, and with the ambiguity behind non-CA emission vehicles being titled and registered at your local metropolis DMV, it's incontrovertible CA dealers will continue to demand more of an ADM as time goes on, or at least until the GEN3 is a tangible option.

Cornwallis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don’t mind me asking what dealership did you deal with for your lead foot.....

I’m going to get on the phone tomorrow and see what kind of deals I can workout out of state...

Has anyone in this forum that is from
California purchased from out of state if so how did it go and if you could give us any info that would be awesome

Yep, it’s was Airport Marina Ford. They were very easy to deal with and brought the truck to me. Very fast and easy transaction. But I couldn’t get to invoice due to the truck being Leadfoot. Any other color was at invoice.