Is Cobb TCM worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J_Frost

Reaction score
I don’t want to start a new thread. Is the Cobb tcm tune only smoother or does it do something else. I don’t really see anything wrong with the factory Tune accept when cold it has some firm shifts everyone and then.

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t want to start a new thread. Is the Cobb tcm tune only smoother or does it do something else. I don’t really see anything wrong with the factory Tune accept when cold it has some firm shifts everyone and then.

It generally improves on the factory transmission behavior. If you already have an accessport for the ECM tune I recommend spending the extra for the TCM tune as well.

J_Frost

Reaction score
It generally improves on the factory transmission behavior. If you already have an accessport for the ECM tune I recommend spending the extra for the TCM tune as well.

So only behavior not line pressure?

does the transmission tunes increase quicker acceleration?

if it’s just feel then I don’t think it’s worth the $400 to feel more comfortable. My 2020 feels smooth enough.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MAMiller44

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So only behavior not line pressure?

does the transmission tunes increase quicker acceleration?

if it’s just feel then I don’t think it’s worth the $400 to feel more comfortable. My 2020 feels smooth enough.
Trust me it’s worth it. I snagged it for $360 on the Black Friday sale but it’s worth the $400.

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trust me it’s worth it. I snagged it for $360 on the Black Friday sale but it’s worth the $400.

Agreed. The ECU and TCM tunes are both so worth the money. The software updates change the truck a lot and are one of the cheapest mods you can do. J_frost, the TCM tune won't do anything measurable for acceleration time but the difference in feel is noticeable.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Use the TCM sport tune from Cobb. It is nearly perfect. The stock Ford tune is lazy. It lets the rpm drop to 7-8 hundred while cruising which is not good for anything. The sport keeps rpms at 1000-1200 while cruising and during hippie runs, it just works great and keeps it in the meat of the power band. Cobb/goose with the sport TCM is perfect.

J_Frost

Reaction score
Use the TCM sport tune from Cobb. It is nearly perfect. The stock Ford tune is lazy. It lets the rpm drop to 7-8 hundred while cruising which is not good for anything. The sport keeps rpms at 1000-1200 while cruising and during hippie runs, it just works great and keeps it in the meat of the power band. Cobb/goose with the sport TCM is perfect.

hows the highway MPG at 1000-1200? Are you getting more or less then stock

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score

i can tell ya what’s NOT worth it- getting a tune that DOESNT touch the TCM like the one cobb initially sold ya (especially a vehicle w/ a ******** 10 speed) if the truck is granny shifting & skipping gears, dropping the shift torque limits etc the extra power isn’t going to equate to nearly as significant improvement in real world performance/acceleration, hence why they never provided before/after 1/4 mile times

since you go ripped off by cobb initially if it were me instead of letting em rip ya off again by selling ya the other 1/2 a tune @ full tune price maybe try another vendor/tuner.....

livernois
MPT
Gearhead (very good in the trans tuning dept)