GEN 2 Are downpipes worth it ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaSoNNN

Reaction score
Hello everyone I’ve been researching about downpipes for my 2019 Gen 2 Ford raptor and I’m skeptical on the price to performance ratio. I’m also wondering if there is a significant sound increase???

My set up is
-Cobb redline coldair intake
-Cobb intercooler
-Borla ATAK mid section exhaust
-goose tune stage 2

Thank you

MarkM98

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless you are upgrading to bigger turbos, doing downpipes would not be worth it at the stage you are at. I suggest talking to @GooseTuned He will be able to suggest what next steps to do.

As far as sound difference, you would not notice anything. This engine is nothing like a Subaru EJ25 set up. The factory downpipe on those are very restrictive and an aftermarket downpipe Does make a noticeable sound difference over stock.

Swaddict

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the SPD downpipes and they are much louder and more raspy than the stock downpipes. Slight difference in the lower rpm range, but really opens up in higher rpm range. If you are happy with your current exhaust sound, aftermarket downpipes will amplify it.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the SPD downpipes and they are much louder and more raspy than the stock downpipes. Slight difference in the lower rpm range, but really opens up in higher rpm range. If you are happy with your current exhaust sound, aftermarket downpipes will amplify it.
I have the SPD downpipes as well, specifically these: https://www.spdperformance.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=283&product_id=1805 I put them in because I had a bad cat with the OEM downpipes and the dealer gave me a hard time saying it was caused by my intake or my intercooler :rolleyes: So I said fuckit, and got the SPD downpipes instead of OEM. They are definitely louder, @MarkM98 is dead wrong on his assumption.

With all that said is it worth it? I mean, you do eek out a bit more performance if you are tuned, which I see you are goose stage 2 like I am, and I do like the sound, and they are lighter so there is that too.

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also have the SPD catted down pipes and love them yes opens up the sound a bit more than the stock ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter