Is Cobb TCM worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
TL;DR - looking for firsthand accounts of reliability and dealer experiences with Cobb Stage 1 with TCM and Goosetuned Stage 1 with TCM. Thank you!

Not wanting to start a new thread, so I'll ask here...

I just purchased a 2019 CPO Raptor. Can't wait to pick it up this coming Thursday! I've driven a couple stock Raptors and am confident that I'm going to love this one in stock form; however, I may be looking for that little something extra in short order.

Can any of you provide firsthand info on your experiences with reliability of Cobb Stage 1 with TCM as well as Goosetuned Stage 1 with TCM? Along with this I'm interested in firsthand dealer experiences with these tunes.

Thank you!

We've had nothing but positive results with COBB products since they're inception for the Gen 2 Raptor. The parts are easy to install and they work well together and with other parts you may add. The OTS maps are great, but Goosetuned maps are also superior if you wish to crank it up a bit, but still be well within factory limits and maintaining daily driving reliability and drivability.

We have the AP3 w/ TCM in stock, as well last the Stage 1 (air filter + AP3) and the Stage 1+ (cold air intake + AP3) in stock and ready to ship if you're interested!

AP3 w/ TCM: https://www.apollo-optics.com/products/cobb-accessport-v3-f-150-raptor-2017-2019-with-tcm-flashing

Stage 1 Power Package: https://www.apollo-optics.com/products/cobb-power-package-stage-1-f-150-raptor-2017-2020

Stage 1+ Power Package: https://www.apollo-optics.com/products/cobb-power-package-stage-1-f-150-raptor-2017-2019

NM_Life_Defender

Reaction score
Thank you both for the replies.

@Nick@Apollo-Optics looks like you sell the regular Cobb products, and to get Goosetuned I have to go through them, correct?

Also, wondering if most folks flash back to stock prior to going to the dealer for service, as well as if anyone has had any problems with warranty claims.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

@Nick@Apollo-Optics looks like you sell the regular Cobb products, and to get Goosetuned I have to go through them, correct?

Also, wondering if most folks flash back to stock prior to going to the dealer for service, as well as if anyone has had any problems with warranty claims.
I have the Cobb AP and GooseTuned and have nothing but praise for Cobb products and Goose Tunes. Cobb quality is top notch and Goosetunes drive like OEM but a lot more power and smiles.

When you take the truck to the dealer you just put it back to stock and uninstall AP from the truck and shouldn’t have any issues.

NM_Life_Defender

Reaction score
I have the Cobb AP and GooseTuned and have nothing but praise for Cobb products and Goose Tunes. Cobb quality is top notch and Goosetunes drive like OEM but a lot more power and smiles.

When you take the truck to the dealer you just put it back to stock and uninstall AP from the truck and shouldn’t have any issues.
Fantastic! Thanks very much Danny!

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TL;DR - looking for firsthand accounts of reliability and dealer experiences with Cobb Stage 1 with TCM and Goosetuned Stage 1 with TCM. Thank you!

Not wanting to start a new thread, so I'll ask here...

I just purchased a 2019 CPO Raptor. Can't wait to pick it up this coming Thursday! I've driven a couple stock Raptors and am confident that I'm going to love this one in stock form; however, I may be looking for that little something extra in short order.

Can any of you provide firsthand info on your experiences with reliability of Cobb Stage 1 with TCM as well as Goosetuned Stage 1 with TCM? Along with this I'm interested in firsthand dealer experiences with these tunes.

Thank you!
Had Cobb Stage 1 with TCM for over a year. Loved it, never had any issues, and I left it on when I took it for dealer service. They never noticed.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Yes sir, we do sell COBB products. We offer the COBB setups with the OTS (off the shelf) maps. Goosetuned tunes are fantastic, but you will have to purchase them separately. That said, you can purchase direct from them or you can purchase the AP3 from us and then add the custom tunes from Goosetuned at a later date.

Also, ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS, uninstall the tune completely before a trip to the dealer. If they decide to update your base ECU file, you'll be locked out of your AP3 and have to get it unlocked by COBB.

NM_Life_Defender

Reaction score
Yes sir, we do sell COBB products. We offer the COBB setups with the OTS (off the shelf) maps. Goosetuned tunes are fantastic, but you will have to purchase them separately. That said, you can purchase direct from them or you can purchase the AP3 from us and then add the custom tunes from Goosetuned at a later date.

Also, ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS, uninstall the tune completely before a trip to the dealer. If they decide to update your base ECU file, you'll be locked out of your AP3 and have to get it unlocked by COBB.
Thank you so much for the detailed reply!

Boostd4

Reaction score
Echoing what others have said here, but Cobb definitely has a great product. I've been using Cobb for years in my GTR and it's a great platform...with the caveat being you work with a tuner to develop a tune specific to your car. I think what a lot of people don't understand is that whenever any of these companies put out shelf maps...they are just that, a wide net to cast for thousands of users and scenarios. The base OTS maps are safe and produce a little bit of power, but the TCM maps are where the product really shines with the Raptor. As others have said, if you're going to step into tuning the Raptor do it right and have either a dyno tune or remote tune done to optimize the mapping.