Is Cobb TCM worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wojciech Gierczynski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally...i wish my tune did not have the transmission tune on it.

I actually liked the way the 10 speed works with the skip shifting. Made driving so much smoother. There are times when i wish i could have the stock tune.
I am opposite. Especially driving around town I hate how it skips gears and puts the truck in 9-10th gear even when going around 45mph.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
I am opposite. Especially driving around town I hate how it skips gears and puts the truck in 9-10th gear even when going around 45mph.

Yep, me too.

In my 2018 I pretty much drive in 4A all the time. I don't spin the rears and wear them out early. I have 48k+ miles on the original tires with about another ~15k to go, so it works well.

Anyway, I run the Cobb "sport" TCM tune which is great for pretty much all driving situations, BUT when I want to drive sedately with the wife, and/or a load of groceries, etc., I just switch the truck to "weather" mode and the trans goes into the "soft" mode to upshift early and be VERY smooth. I set the pedal response in AT to linear in all modes, so there's no artificial lag or boost to contend with. It's essentially a perfect setup for me... YMMV

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just wanted to add here regarding the COBB TCM tunes. We offer COBB Protunes from Brew City Boost for free with all purchases of COBB AP3 tuner and COBB Power Package purposes. With our packages, you'll get the MacGyver and Highlander (towing and performance, respectively) octane adaptive tunes for free. If you have the COBB TCM unlock, you will also get the Brew City Boost trans tune for free as well.

This is a new program for us, but we are making it retroactive. So if you have EVER purchased your COBB tuner or package from us, you are eligible for this promotion.

Note: These are not custom tunes specific to your truck, however, we can offer custom tuning from BCB as well for those interested.

Christian Johanneson

CrimsonRAPTOR
Reaction score
Just wanted to add here regarding the COBB TCM tunes. We offer COBB Protunes from Brew City Boost for free with all purchases of COBB AP3 tuner and COBB Power Package purposes. With our packages, you'll get the MacGyver and Highlander (towing and performance, respectively) octane adaptive tunes for free. If you have the COBB TCM unlock, you will also get the Brew City Boost trans tune for free as well.

This is a new program for us, but we are making it retroactive. So if you have EVER purchased your COBB tuner or package from us, you are eligible for this promotion.

Note: These are not custom tunes specific to your truck, however, we can offer custom tuning from BCB as well for those interested.
Do you sell just the software

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P4mnceBlue82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally...i wish my tune did not have the transmission tune on it.

I actually liked the way the 10 speed works with the skip shifting. Made driving so much smoother. There are times when i wish i could have the stock tune.
The Cobb TCM still does skip shifting in the OEM+ setting. Similar to stock just smoother and optimized shift points and not quite as fast to jump to 10th.

Hdaniel85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
COBB Accessport ECU/TCU tunes are amazing. I had mine custom tuned by Goosetuned and the difference between stock and tuned is night and day, the truck is a different animal. I have a custom tune with E85/91, I can then swap to just a normal 91 Octane tune when I am nowhere near an E85 station (common on road trips in the southwest).

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
COBB Accessport ECU/TCU tunes are amazing. I had mine custom tuned by Goosetuned and the difference between stock and tuned is night and day, the truck is a different animal. I have a custom tune with E85/91, I can then swap to just a normal 91 Octane tune when I am nowhere near an E85 station (common on road trips in the southwest).
What other mods do you have? I am thinking this is probably the way I will go. My only problem is I don't want to get a different IC as I have read to many ( for my liking) stories of the truck none running right after IC install.