Interesting - Raptor Grill made more difficult to put on an F150...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
Was watching the linked video below and at about 1:30 min in, guy said he was talking with a designer from LINKEDin and I guess he purposely made it difficult for F150 to slap on a Raptor grille.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea, I saw that video and I'm not quite sure I understand the comment. Ok, so a grill on a Raptor can't be taken off and placed on an F150. Understood. Who does that now? I guess this statement means an aftermarket Raptor grille won't be able to completely match an a Raptor grille, and thus can be id as a fake. Ok, but an F150 with a Raptor grill, but missing all the other Raptor specific parts is pretty easy to id.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a feeling Ford may have addressed that. But just like mentioned. The aftermarket will come up with some adaptation. Unfortunately.

I have seen plenty of Fraptors in the past and more so even lately. Peeps paying homage and doing what they can to be like a Raptor. It’s a popular truck so be it.

However I do find most of these fake grills ugly as compared to the authentic even.

Vintage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I own a 4Runner Trd Pro. Same deal, the want a be's are always slapping on the Trd Pro grille on their regular 4Runners. Nice to see Ford making it more difficult to do for the Raptor want a be's.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seems like a waste of time and money to me. The Raptor grill is cool looking. The regular F150 grill is ho hum at best. Why not let people upgrade easily? It's not like the Raptor is all that exclusive. They're a dime a dozen around here and anyone with half a brain can tell the difference at a glance without seeing the grill. I like the looks of the regular F150 with the grill swap. If I have to look at something, I prefer that it look attractive. Half the trucks on the road these days have that style of grill, anyway. Why should F150 owners be stuck in Dullsville?