Interest in NASA Raptor Racing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have been RXing mine for about a year now. Works well, but track size is geared to cars. They hard part is that the RX events up here fill in about 6 hours, so getting a bunch of raptors to show up is harder.

Here are my observations

1. If you plan on being competitive in the summer, a "truck class" is probably needed. The Raptor can hang in there in the mud and snow because of the ground clearance, dry conditions, no chance
2. There is a fine line between making the course "fun" for both the trucks and cars. A larger course will reduce the "fun time" for the cars

There are other things on the truck that make it hard to do what you want, basically all the nannies, but that can be fixed.

Check out the Indian Rallycross Group. Their courses are much more Raptor friendly. In the DSCCA we use a few places multiple times a year. A couple are older dirt tracks and we use the infield, parking area, and track. A couple a fairgrounds and we use the horse track and infield. The most common place we go is in the back field of one of the DSCCA members.

Wish I was at Snoball, I would have loved to talk more about it with you. I have picked up / learned a lot over the year. Send me a note if you want more information, or let me know next time you come up to Detroit and may be there will be a race scheduled. At least you can see how it all works.

Last edited:

Java

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in for trying it. I'm like MB no experience no big finances, but willing to learn.

BramageDained

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been RXing mine for about a year now. Works well, but track size is geared to cars. They hard part is that the RX events up here fill in about 6 hours, so getting a bunch of raptors to show up is harder.

The opposite is true for the MN group, they sometimes struggle to have enough entrants to run an event(15). A couple were cancelled last for not enough signups.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure it would be great fun, but we all know what happened to the 90ft raptor jump.