Intercooler piping blowing off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This exact thing happened to me after installed the AFE IC. What I did was install a C clamp over the top of the provided clamp and it's been golden for the last 15k miles.

Photo of what you used brosef?

dsg2003mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anytime, Maybe spray the IC and the wipe the inside of the hose with carb or brake cleaner to make sure it`s not an oil issue

this, make sure it's all clean then tighten the **** out of it. Once you've made the connection any oil in the system shouldn't be able to get up into the clamped area to cause issues. With my procharged car I would snug the clamps then come by the next day and snug again, sometimes the material of the connector collapses a little bit and you can get a little more turn on it.

Make sure the boot is fully seated, that the clamp is is behind the lip all the way around and use a socket/bit driver to snug it

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Photo of what you used brosef?

You can see the clamp that holds the hose to the IC adapter. Then you see the clamp on the actual aluminum adapter...underneath that clamp is the stock clamp that came with the IC that popped off. In this ocnfiuration it's impossible for the stock clamp to pop off as it's completely covered by the c-clamp that I placed on top of it.

20200911_232106.jpg 20200911_231924.jpg

OP
OP
D

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ahhh right, there she goes. I see it now. Good idea.

Thanks for that. I will do this once I move, along with hairspray and clean the boots from oils. Probably need to invest in a oil catch can also.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter