First Mod....CVF Intercooler Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnnyMack

Reaction score
First post on the forum, and bought a 2020 Raptor with less then 9,000 miles on it a few weeks ago.

For what it is worth, I just installed the CFV Intercooler. Very nice kit and had it within two days of order. Install went fine. No directions included, but plenty of folks have done this with write ups and videos.

Only issues for me were:

1) it took me about 10 minutes to realize that using a jack to help hold and adjust the new intercooler is the only way to go. Don't fight it, just take your time to adjust the jack to help you.
2) The cooling fans reinstall is a bit of a pain, but they do fit. Had to use the jack to push the intercooler all the way up into position to create enough space to clear the power steering. They fit though. If the intercooler is any type of angle downward, you are fighting the intercooler (which was my issue.)

Having a custom turbo car before, the couplings are very nice both stock and the elbow from CVF. Just make sure you take your time on the hose clamps. I saw a couple of posts on coupling blowing off. Just feel for the rolled edges of barbs and insure your hose clamps are in that valley. Also, ensure your hose clamps synch "level" and not at an angle.

Took it out for a spin. Boost comes on a quicker and seems much more consistent. Heat is still a little high at 120 but it cools off way faster than stock.

Nice mod for $570...especially worth it if you can do the work yourself.

It took me about 3 hours, start to finish, excluding a 7 hour delay awaiting UPS to drop the new intercooler off.

Attachments

• IMG_0742.JPG
    IMG_0742.JPG
    181.4 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0744.JPG
    IMG_0744.JPG
    183.9 KB · Views: 128

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
First off, Welcome to FRF.
@K223 do we give our n00b here credit for pics? I’m inclined to give him this one and not assign him the penalty prius pic since he does have the stock CAC and CVF and it looks like -part- of the truck showing.

I’m thinking #OneLessprius here.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@smurfslayer Im coming in late here, but there is no doubt that’s an IC replacement on a rap. But not sure if that’s on his buddy’s or his. He does have an avatar of a nice Raptor. Give him time to after the holiday to post up pics. If non appear he will have to get a provisional pic.

Welcome aboard @JohnnyMack the ic install looks great. Let’s see some truck pics. Enjoy.

rmoore311

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the same mod recently. First time I took it out I blew the cold side right off lol. Definitely tighten them down and bring tools on the first drive