Intercooler piping blowing off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't see how that style of clamp is better than a regular clamp. Looks like a bunch of entangled wire, I just dont see the strength in that.

Maybe I need to also consider an oil catch can, possible that all that oil is making it slippery as ****.

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see how that style of clamp is better than a regular clamp. Looks like a bunch of entangled wire, I just dont see the strength in that.

Maybe I need to also consider an oil catch can, possible that all that oil is making it slippery as ****.
They do work differently then a standard flat hose clamps. Because of the two independent wires (that are not at all complicated to do) you are able to get a much tight pinch point on the hose with the two wires digging in deeper then a hose clamp can do. It is just like when you safety wire anything on a race car,airplane engine the wires are twisted

https://clamptitetools.com/pages/videos

Are you able to double clamp it? If is a continuing issue I would consider using a chemical bond before you put the hose on, but it will never come off without cutting it off
This was a favorite of a dealer I knew for leaky hoses that were cracked and splitting at the ends.
The company Permatex makes every kind of bonding, dealer,gasket and more

https://www.permatex.com/products/g...an-head-gasket-shellac-compound/?locale=en_us

Last edited:

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anytime, Maybe spray the IC and the wipe the inside of the hose with carb or brake cleaner to make sure it`s not an oil issue

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CVF FMIC

This is the second time this piping has blown off, typically happens at WOT 20PSI. Any tricks to resolving this issue? Perhaps a diff clamp? Someone said use hairspray on the metal side when marrying the boots to the pipes. This is happening to the cold side.

DoJo.

This exact thing happened to me after installed the AFE IC. What I did was install a C clamp over the top of the provided clamp and it's been golden for the last 15k miles.