GEN 2 Intake question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

original786

Reaction score
Hello fellow raptor fam,

I recently made a jump and bought my first truck, 2018 raptor, coming from bmws

Needed a bigger car with family growing and i did what ever i could to stay away from minivan lol

I have been learning alot about the truck from forums ...

Question

What is the best intake for the 3.5l twin turbo, i know they are several options

how is AFE?

any advice will be great

Thank you

Tin Can Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nick has a wealth more knowledge than I do but, as the saying goes you don't get to have your cake and eat it too. Best sound means open intake box, which leads to the possibility of water/increased dirt intrusion; yielding negative performance. On the other hand, a close lid protects from water/debris, but will be quieter than an open box.

I have the Roush closed lid in mine and I did notice an increase in sound over stock, but no where near as loud as the open air boxes from various brands that I ran in my previous trucks (non raptor). Performance gain with an intake alone is little to none in my opinion; you really don't reap the benefits of a CAI until you combine them with an upgraded intercooler and tune. I only have the intake and resonator delete, but I have an accessorizing problem and I know future mods will follow.

OP
OP
O

original786

Reaction score
I was looking at AFE as of right now

im not going to offroading the truck at all
I plan on getting a tune and intercooler in future

Let me know

Thank you

WC114

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since it's more for looks than performance, I like the twin pipes on the afe or cobb. I think afe at $700 is overpriced compaired to the others

GotBoost150

Reaction score
Since it's more for looks than performance, I like the twin pipes on the afe or cobb. I think afe at $700 is overpriced compaired to the others
The Full Race intake also uses divorced pipes.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk