GEN 2 Intake question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kirby Lastinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the AFE Momentum XP, and I am happy with the looks and function. I went with the dry filter as I won’t be in really sandy or dusty environments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I was looking at AFE as of right now

im not going to offroading the truck at all
I plan on getting a tune and intercooler in future

Let me know

Thank you

Sounds like COBB will be right up your alley. The divorced pipe look you're going for, matched to a tuner, and the COBB intercoolers are coming out very, very, very soon...

Let us know if we can help!

GotBoost150

Reaction score
Sounds like COBB will be right up your alley. The divorced pipe look you're going for, matched to a tuner, and the COBB intercoolers are coming out very, very, very soon...

Let us know if we can help!
I just installed the Cobb on my 2017 Gen2 nonraptor and it was a PERFECT fit. Sounded like a jet engine sucking in air on cold start up.213bdf6d6d7f4480172bc94d6030ace7.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
how does cobb intake compare to AFE intake?

I'd say that it's most comparable to the Momentum XP at a less expensive price point.

They both utilize a twin pipe design with a fully sealed box. AFE is available in silver, black, and blue with a dry, oiled or power core filter. COBB is only available in one finish with an oiled filter.

We carry both and would be happy to help get you setup!

alpha7even

Reaction score
I just installed the Cobb on my 2017 Gen2 nonraptor and it was a PERFECT fit. Sounded like a jet engine sucking in air on cold start up.213bdf6d6d7f4480172bc94d6030ace7.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I didn't notice much difference in the intake sound with the Cobb intake. I removed the plastic noise reducers, as well. Based on my previous force fed cars with intake mods (CTS-V with AIRRAID, M5 with MSR and stainless filters), it's a bit underwhelming.

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Performance and sound

what do you suggest

You're not going to get much/if any performance from just an intake, and I don't think the sound difference is that great, either. I just switched the stock air filter for a dry AEM to increase flow over stock to the extent it will and called it a day.