Installed Ford Performance Diff Cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
hamster

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so hamster, other than looking bling, does this thing actually meant to do anything? Because I don't anticipate a lot of the starbucks mall crawlers with their HRE wheels crunching the pumpkin over rocks, so surely this cannot be for protection.

For me, and probably a lot of others, mostly looks better. I also wanted it to make it easier to change rear-end oil as I do as much of my maintenance as I can on this truck. The Mrs. Navigator goes to the dealer and about 1/2 the time I am unhappy about something (mostly trivial) so I just can't bring myself to take the Raptor in. It is also supposed to be stronger and reduce flex to help gears last longer, but who knows.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
so hamster, other than looking bling, does this thing actually meant to do anything? Because I don't anticipate a lot of the starbucks mall crawlers with their HRE wheels crunching the pumpkin over rocks, so surely this cannot be for protection.

It adds ability to drain the oil. It looks better. It uses a gasket instead of a bead of sealant which tends to leak. It adds stiffness to the rear end. Did I mention it looks better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
hamster

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It adds ability to drain the oil. It looks better. It uses a gasket instead of a bead of sealant which tends to leak. It adds stiffness to the rear end. Did I mention it looks better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The OEM one on the Gen 2 uses a gasket, but still looks better. :biggrin:

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What is the maintenance schedule for changing the diff fluid? (Sorry I don't have my truck yet so I can't RTFM).

OP
OP
hamster

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, it HAS to help with 1/4 mile drag racing.

(But I want one too...)

Heavier so it hurts 1/4 mile time. :biggrin:

What is the maintenance schedule for changing the diff fluid? (Sorry I don't have my truck yet so I can't RTFM).

Manual says every 150K miles. I only made it to 4K. :facepalm: