Installed 37's on Gen3 35 Raptor - no issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kojack19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d love to know, just cause I’m curious, how the larger tires affect braking Feel and distance.
Weight of tire and wheel matters too. IE a BFG KO mounted on lighter wheels vs heavy wheels and an MT tire which will have less grip on street anyway will all change things.

People underestimate how much a few pounds of tire and wheel weight change a lot of things including acceleration and braking.

My tire and wheel weight is almost the same (within 1lb) going to 37s vs stock and even on wet NE fall roads with leaves on the ground braking is good.

Last edited:

Kojack19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 37s are lighter then my previous 35s on the scale so would be surprised if it’s worse
agreed. That is the best news about the BFGs-pretty easy trade to make when sizing up. My issue with these tires is the change in the compound as they age-just seems like they get slick after about 30k up here in the NE. Plenty of tread depth but they just seem to get slick in the wet especially. New, they are awesome though...

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The 37s are lighter then my previous 35s on the scale so would be surprised if it’s worse
Don’t know why, and I’m probably imagining it, but I’m picturing the big 37s like tires on top fuel dragsters which flex and wrinkle under hard acceleration which I realize gives transaction but if that happens during braking?

Shaheen J

Reaction score
Just got my 37”s on with leveling collar kit. Looks great and really feels no different braking, turning and accelerating. Just looks more badass. Still have the stupid rear fox shock clunking/knocking sound in the rear (sounds like it’s from the front).

Spare 37” tire fit fine just like everyone said.

CJ2021

Reaction score
Thanks for being the Ginea Pig!! LOL Was really wondering if the 37's would work! Keep us posted on any other issues that may arise!

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
evetything is so interesting in this topic, thanks to have share experiences , curious to know how that's work on a gen2 (will see in the concerned topic) , must be continued ...
Also thanks for the pictures...

tbone36

Reaction score
Got my LFG this Tuesday and had this same set up installed yesterday. Here is what you have to look forward to…
Your setup looks great. What is the offset of your wheels? It looks like your wheels stick out about 1” to 1.5”. Is that about right or is it just the angle?

CenTexRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Based on this thread, I am looking to get 5 of the 37" tires to update my 2021 Raptor 35 when I pick it up next week. Dealer wouldn't give anything for the brand new 35's on the truck, and Discount Tire would only offer $50 for them. Just want to check to see if the prior versions of the Raptors would use the 35's easily? Is this a good marketplace for those? Also, I did not get the beadlock wheels, only the basic wheels. @FordTechOne , do you know of any reason why the 37's wouldn't fit the basic wheels when it appears from this thread that the beadlock wheels seem to work fine? I think they have the same specs?