I'm done

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrumReaper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's exactly how I remember it... smh. Such gorgeous scenery up there.

The guys with the Raptors up there I met actually use those as "work trucks". Lol.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why not source a gen 1 truck? Market is flooded with the trucks the people traded in for gen 2. I am going to be buying another gen 1 with lower miles.... priced very low since value dropped out. The market for them will rebound when the gen 2 issues creep out.

I thought about that a few months ago, but at the time, a 4 year old Gen 1 with 50k miles was priced higher than a 2017 Rebel. Maybe still worth it to some, but not to me. But I will re-check the market.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
I would drill the 1/16" weep hole in the intercooler to protect everything and make sure you can never have a misfire.

Fyi - the 15/16 f150 ecoboost folks are beginning to complain about misfire now. Even they are drilling the weep hole.

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Ltl6pack, I appreciate your encouragement :) . Words of wisdom for sure...as you could go crazy if you listen to every single comment or supposed statement of fact. I've always found it hilarious reading these online forums where people talk in "absolutes", such as, "It must be so.....because I can analyze your particular situation from afar.....". Regardless, I will do my best to be patient, and have learned over the years, through dozens and dozens of vehicle purchases (49 actually), that as cliche as it sounds, good things do truly come to those that wait.

Ltl6pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Ltl6pack, I appreciate your encouragement :) . Words of wisdom for sure...as you could go crazy if you listen to every single comment or supposed statement of fact. I've always found it hilarious reading these online forums where people talk in "absolutes", such as, "It must be so.....because I can analyze your particular situation from afar.....". Regardless, I will do my best to be patient, and have learned over the years, through dozens and dozens of vehicle purchases (49 actually), that as cliche as it sounds, good things do truly come to those that wait.
Hey Thank You, there are good people here as anywhere, so looking forward to getting mine and see what she will do, will post some photos when she gets here. Thanks again!

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Thank You, there are good people here as anywhere, so looking forward to getting mine and see what she will do, will post some photos when she gets here. Thanks again!

I know, and I appreciate everyone with the goal of helping others and sharing their enthusiasm! And we all want photos!! Bring 'em on :biggrin:

Ohiodish

Reaction score
I test drove the Rebel and did not care for the air suspension or the bright interior trim or trans, but power was great. Then looked up exactly how those bags are made and the fasteners where they mount are plastic. Check out BDS lift install video on there web site they go into detail on removal and replacement with there lift kit. One cool thing is they use nitrogen, but it needs a tank that the dealer services to maintain. Cold and moisture issues would be eliminated with nitro. So not a air compressor system. After I seen that BDS video I knew those air bags were not for me. That have to go in just right or big problems. Google Ram air suspension problems. Theres lists of issues and alignment problems due to this system. The exterior of the Rebel looks great and the price was tempting. Tundra with a after market Icon coilover suspension would be my next choice after a Raptor. Resale and maintenance big factor, boring looks though. Too bad Ford does not have this figured out. Losing life long customers over production issues is not good.