I'm done

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is exactly why I am buying them up locally. The value absolutely tanked here.

So, let me have YOU value my truck...
2012 supercrew, black on black, has all options, new tires and 46k miles.
Tell me what that truck is worth.

YOU are kidding rite!? Just as I would never buy one site unseen, for all I know it is upside down in a ditch or on a frame machine. These both could match your description. The best I can tell ya is my buddy bought a clean 2012 this time last year. No nav, no graphics, and no cameras. It is white with 49k on it when he bought it. Cost him 40k from an individual who put the money down on a
Gen2

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep my trucks a long time is why it didn't work for me. My 07 Tundra I had for 7 years. I would have no problem keeping the Ram for 4 months or even a 3 year lease for that matter. But I'm looking long term. I still have my 04 Cayenne Turbo with less than 100k miles that still runs fantastic but I can't sell it since it's worth less than $10k via KBB. Rather keep it than give it away. I would not consider in 4 months that your owning a Ram, I'd say your just dating!

I understand on your long term view and corresponding issues needing consideration. And I understand on your Cayenne, good grief! It's amazing how much more expensive the new Cayenne's are these days too; I had a nicely equipped 2011 S, and it was $76,000. Now, same vehicle is solidly in the 6-figure category. And your comment on "dating" the RAM is hilariously astute :gr_grin:

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
This is exactly why I am buying them up locally. The value absolutely tanked here.

So, let me have YOU value my truck...
2012 supercrew, black on black, has all options, new tires and 46k miles.
Tell me what that truck is worth.

YOU are kidding rite!? Just as I would never buy one site unseen, for all I know it is upside down in a ditch or on a frame machine. These both could match your description. The best I can tell ya is my buddy bought a clean 2012 this time last year. No nav, no graphics, and no cameras. It is white with 49k on it when he bought it. Cost him 40k from an individual who put the money down on a
Gen2

It is a perfect truck. If I got $45k, I would sell- I believe that to be the value. HOWEVER, KBB and NADA both value it at $36k... that is not right, but market drives that. I will buy all the gen 1 Raptors I can so I can resell when value comes back.

VortexTed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good job and I don't blame you. I was almost done too after I got screwed by Ford and my dealer on the CF package. Here I am 5 months later starting over with a new dealer.
What a shit show and fiasco this Raptor release has been. Not to mention Ford is shipping Raptors to China when there is tons of of Americans that struggle to get one.

I can't wait for Ram to come out with that bad ass off road Rebel (concept truck on their web site). The completion will be good for Ford so hopefully they will take customer relations more serious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc