GEN 1 Ignition switched fuse/relay for Hood LED Lights as DRL’s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jgwoody

Reaction score
So I just bought the iJDMToy adapter harness for my 2013 Screw that converts your hood mounted LED lights to DRLs. It requires tapping into an accessory / ignition source in the engine bay fuse box to turn on lights. Does anyone know which relay/fuse can be used? I’ve searched everywhere online, here and elsewhere, and can’t find any definitive info. Thanks for any help!

c700e8d7585734917c8449fceb4f999f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jgwoody

Reaction score
Yeah I considered it, but for that route I might as well just use the headlight switch to turn them on/off lol. I want something automatic that makes them come on during everyday driving with the headlight switch still in auto.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I considered it, but for that route I might as well just use the headlight switch to turn them on/off lol. I want something automatic that makes them come on during everyday driving with the headlight switch still in auto.
And that's what the Aux switch would do... Just leave it turned on. It's accessory only, it'll turn on/off with the truck.

OP
OP
J

jgwoody

Reaction score
No installation instructions. Had a link to generic video, which basically said the same thing you just said... use voltimiter to find a ignition switched fuse under the hood. Will go buy that tool later, was just hoping someone with a 2013 already knew off the top of their head.

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the harness wires long enough to get routed all the way down the hood, then forward to the fuse box?

OP
OP
J

jgwoody

Reaction score
Actually no, it’s about a 8–10 inches too short. I was going to splice in/ solder some extra wire to make it longer. Either that, or tap it into an ignition switched wire near the driver side firewall.