GEN 1 Ignition switched fuse/relay for Hood LED Lights as DRL’s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe just re-route the existing three light grille wire to an ignition source rather than to the original headlamps/door switch source. With this, no extra wire harness is needed.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i was mistaken. its a constant power in the relay pack for the aux switches. its not very hard to pass a wire through the passenger side and connect to the bcm. just about every wire you will ever need is there.

Fodded_Cockpit

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JGwoody,
I just did this on my 14 Raptor. You dont need to do any wiring whatsoever. All you need is an OBDII cable and download FORScan. Our trucks comes with a lot of settings from the factory, but dealers turn-off when they receive them. Our trucks comes with DRL settings with just that comes on when you put the gear on Drive. Super easy. Took me like five minutes. I can help you if you need some assistance and send you some links. Perhaps I can write an easy how-to.

OP
OP
J

jgwoody

Reaction score
JGwoody,
I just did this on my 14 Raptor. You dont need to do any wiring whatsoever. All you need is an OBDII cable and download FORScan. Our trucks comes with a lot of settings from the factory, but dealers turn-off when they receive them. Our trucks comes with DRL settings with just that comes on when you put the gear on Drive. Super easy. Took me like five minutes. I can help you if you need some assistance and send you some links. Perhaps I can write an easy how-to.

That would be awesome! I already have forscan and cable, all I need is a how to :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fodded_Cockpit

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make sure you have the extended license version. If you dont, it's only $10 on the FORScan website.
1. Turn your key to "ON"
2. Plug in the OBD cable to your truck and computer.
3. Once its booted up, click on the "connect" button on bottom left.
4. Click on on the chip symbol to the left of the screen.
5. Click on "BdyCM Module Configuration" not the "AS BUILT format."
6. Click on the "Play" button on bottom left.
7. Select "Daytime Running Lights" (DRL) and click on "Edit Selected."
8. Select "Enable" click the check mark.
9. Click on "Write." After you click "write," you're truck will flash its lights to confirm the programming.
10. Turn your key to "off" and back to "on." Put your truck to "Drive" to confirm and you're set.

There are three DRL settings you can enable. You can do the second one, which is including the "Parklamps."
The third one will ask you what type of headlight you have and select the proper one for your vehicle, either halogens or HIDs.
Once you're done writing those three, you're good to go.