If you truck was built with 801A and Pro Power After Mid October, you will be waiting!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PandaBoi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha i love all the comments saying that the 21 Raptors will be essentially "worthless" the minute 2022 rolls around. The new/used car shortage i would say hasnt even reached its peak yet, or its just about to. At least we are all ordering new cars and are not subject to the market that used cars are in right now. ADM doesnt even compared to that market and in my experience most raptors (pre covid) even had ADM unless it wasnt a build order.

Let me pose a personal example, I bought a lifted 2014 Jeep JKU (17,000 miles) for $35k (~$38 after tax) in the summer of 2016. In 2018 I got it appraised (28,000 miles) and they offered me $25k for it. Last weekend (in light of my upcoming raptor order) i sold it for $32k at 40,000 miles. Just think about that for a second, 23,000 miles and 5.5 years and it only depreciated $3,000. That was also just a jeep, have you seen the price of used raptors now and even before COVID?!?

The raptor (given it is a niche and performance vehicle) will not loose 1/4 of its value the minute the year turns like a f***ing Camry or Alitma. This isnt your average joe's vehicle and thus its incredibly silly to cancel your order in fear of depreciation. In fact, if you were to drive one off the lot at MSRP or low ADM, you would actually be able to make a profit off of selling it haha. In Dallas some dealers are charging $25k ADM which is why I went to Woodhouse in NE where they are only doing $5k ADM.

All I'm worried about with this production hold is salt, rust, and hail. It would be AMAZING if they put the trucks under big tents to protect them from the elements and i think it is within reach (not sure why they havent done this already), then i would feel a lot better. That being said, at least they go around and start/move the vehicles every week or so. It does seem like they are trying a little to keep up with the long term storage guidelines specified in their truck manuals so that is good.

I will take delivery of my raptor whenever it arrives, so long as there is no serious damage/issues like some have reported, and I will be happy as can be. Ford should still make a statement regarding the matter though as i havent heard anything from their PR dept.

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haha i love all the comments saying that the 21 Raptors will be essentially "worthless" the minute 2022 rolls around. The new/used car shortage i would say hasnt even reached its peak yet, or its just about to. At least we are all ordering new cars and are not subject to the market that used cars are in right now. ADM doesnt even compared to that market and in my experience most raptors (pre covid) even had ADM unless it wasnt a build order.

Let me pose a personal example, I bought a lifted 2014 Jeep JKU (17,000 miles) for $35k (~$38 after tax) in the summer of 2016. In 2018 I got it appraised (28,000 miles) and they offered me $25k for it. Last weekend (in light of my upcoming raptor order) i sold it for $32k at 40,000 miles. Just think about that for a second, 23,000 miles and 5.5 years and it only depreciated $3,000. That was also just a jeep, have you seen the price of used raptors now and even before COVID?!?

The raptor (given it is a niche and performance vehicle) will not loose 1/4 of its value the minute the year turns like a f***ing Camry or Alitma. This isnt your average joe's vehicle and thus its incredibly silly to cancel your order in fear of depreciation. In fact, if you were to drive one off the lot at MSRP or low ADM, you would actually be able to make a profit off of selling it haha. In Dallas some dealers are charging $25k ADM which is why I went to Woodhouse in NE where they are only doing $5k ADM.

All I'm worried about with this production hold is salt, rust, and hail. It would be AMAZING if they put the trucks under big tents to protect them from the elements and i think it is within reach (not sure why they havent done this already), then i would feel a lot better. That being said, at least they go around and start/move the vehicles every week or so. It does seem like they are trying a little to keep up with the long term storage guidelines specified in their truck manuals so that is good.

I will take delivery of my raptor whenever it arrives, so long as there is no serious damage/issues like some have reported, and I will be happy as can be. Ford should still make a statement regarding the matter though as i havent heard anything from their PR dept.
100% - it would be nice if Ford did come out and say something, I mean that's all we're really asking for at this point is to not be left in the dark. But I suppose they don't really have to unfortunately

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Couldn't agree more!
I drove my 2018 Durango SRT for 6 months and traded it on my 2020 Gen2 for $4K more than I paid for it. Broke even on the Gen2 in 6 months, as I traded it this past July... now waiting on my Gen3.
I am not worried about salt, rust or hail... They won't be exposed to salt really. At least not in a driving manner. It is not hail season this time of year in that area. I will accept my truck whenever it gets here.
Meanwhile, I bought my old BMW back from a friend who had it for 14 months and only put 372 miles on it!?!

Sierraraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not worried about the salt, hail, or rust in the least. I am slightly worried that the problem with the pro power is a larger issue than just reprograming. If they really are not letting you order it in the 22 after only 5 months of producing them that is concerning. I'll admit I have not looked into it as I ordered a leadfoot and don't have an interest in a 22 vs 21 pros/cons. If by chance 22's actually do start showing up while our 21's are waiting for whatever it is they are waiting for then I will become highly concerned we have serious issues. Alas, a little communication on Fords part would actually go a long way.

GitErDunn

2010 6.2L SCAB
Reaction score
I'm having a guy look into ordering a 2022 right now for me as 2021's are looking slim, just waiting for his email back.

TurboFlex

Reaction score
Ladies and Gents, these are unprecedented times for our world today. Fords business had been greatly affected by the astronomical increases in cost to do business. Manufacturing is crippled today due to SUPPLY CHAIN and INFLATION. These issues will continue to get worse before turning for better unfortunately.

Don’t look for Ford to shell out additional costs to do business in form of rebates or discounts for trucks not sold that continue to cost them more by the day.

Be thankful you locked in your cost for the truck. They cant say the same and the Raptor R and all our fun toys will be ridiculously overpriced.

StuPidaso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I just got off the phone with a very educated dealer on the "situation" all the trucks that are being held are in fact missing the ECU and some are missing the stability module chip based controllers. Yes, they are also missing the Fender Flares.

I have a great Dealership that has been very helpful, they said if we get them in late December it will be a blessing. The dealership also mentioned that some of the 2021 units won't be delivered until Mid January, she is pushing for a discount to get this below MSRP since it's last year's model at that point. Not sure I will even take it unless I can get a discount because in a few years all of this will be behind us and then I have a year older truck than others.

I am just stating what I was told by a dealership that appears to be very well connected to the factory.

I personally think the way FORD treated us is complete crap and they should step up and give us a 2500 rebate for "late-delivery" it's not the dealership's fault. Why should they have to offer a discount when they didn't really have much control.

Just my two cents, I will do my best to answer any questions I can, but I have stated here pretty much all I know at this time.
Why should you be entitled to a discount? You’re the one who placed a mid year order and already knew there was a chip issue prior to ordering. Think of all the others who’s trucks have been sitting since March waiting on chips. If you don’t like it move on and order a 22 like you should of done in the 1st place if you’re worried about resale.

Stojanowski

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Jeep prices are crazy. I bought a 2011 to hold me over until I get a 2022 Raptor or TRX order in. That death wobble though

OP
OP
briguyraptor

briguyraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why should you be entitled to a discount? You’re the one who placed a mid year order and already knew there was a chip issue prior to ordering. Think of all the others who’s trucks have been sitting since March waiting on chips. If you don’t like it move on and order a 22 like you should of done in the 1st place if you’re worried about resale.
I should receive a discount since stock unit trucks with a similar configuration to mine got delivered before a truck with a deposit on it. If you don't like my view, you are welcome to move along!