Icon RXT Rear Shocks and Rear Springs In Stock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Just installed the icon springs yesterday and I have to say that the instructions are poor. Brief direction, minimal pictures, (the pictures you did get are black & white) and no lock screws on the U bolts. Nothing was mentioned about cutting the bolt on the passengers side. Not to mention, the leaves came in exposed so there were already scratches on it and it was clear that something hit it. For this amount of money, it's just

Nice, did you just do the leaf springs and did you use the extra one too or did you get the whole kit with shocks? You had the icon bump stock if I recall. Was it another wife helper install?

I believe there is a write up on the forum about how to install springs. I always like to review those too. Cut the bolt on the passenger side? I thought it was on the driver side by the gas tank where you have to cut it off.

Don't feel too bad, I have WSI ones and they didn't come with lock nuts either. Was installed by WSI poorly so even the so-called professionals don't follow the instructions or install things correctly on customers trucks.

Rmeir

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got only the springs. Yes, I have the icon bump stop. I did use the extra one too and my wife is always there for help, lucky me.
Yes cutting by the driver side and the passenger side because of the exhaust but no one mentioned it anywhere (2x bolt was provided)
a1d8adb09e96232f79dcc24c56bd61ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 12951

Well at least they look to come with stainless steel ubolts unlike the rusty ones I got.

NorCalRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got only the springs. Yes, I have the icon bump stop. I did use the extra one too and my wife is always there for help, lucky me.
Yes cutting by the driver side and the passenger side because of the exhaust but no one mentioned it anywhere (2x bolt was provided)
a1d8adb09e96232f79dcc24c56bd61ce.jpg

Good job with the install. I was wondering if you could help me out. I am considering going RXT shocks but I have the RPG bumpstop kit. Would you mind measuring the free space distance between bumpstop strike plate on the axle to the bumpstop rubber contact point with your tires on?

Thanks
Dan

Rmeir

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The distance is 5.5"

D

Deleted member 12951

Good job with the install. I was wondering if you could help me out. I am considering going RXT shocks but I have the RPG bumpstop kit. Would you mind measuring the free space distance between bumpstop strike plate on the axle to the bumpstop rubber contact point with your tires on?

Thanks
Dan

Looking at the picture you might have to remove the one clamp around springs. I have the RPG 2 also and I had to remove it on my WSI ones as it was hitting the plate.

NorCalRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The distance is 5.5"

Thanks for the help. [emoji109][emoji106]

Looking at the picture you might have to remove the one clamp around springs. I have the RPG 2 also and I had to remove it on my WSI ones as it was hitting the plate.

I have the RPG Stage 3 kit, so my bumpstop a work fine. However, I will need to move the bump position up to get full travel of the shocks.

Do you the RXT shocks with the RPG bumpstop kit?

Thanks for you help [emoji109][emoji106]

D

Deleted member 12951

I have the RPG Stage 3 kit, so my bumpstop a work fine. However, I will need to move the bump position up to get full travel of the shocks.

Do you the RXT shocks with the RPG bumpstop kit?

Thanks for you help

How do you move the position of the bump on the RPG kit? I do not have the RXT but have ICON 3.0's. I would like to upgrade but not sure I want to replace the bump stop and springs with it so your questions are of some interest

NorCalRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This does not make sense. The RPG bump stop position is not adjustable.

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=868026

One would have to cut and weld them.

---------- Post added at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

How do you move the position of the bump on the RPG kit? I do not have the RXT but have ICON 3.0's. I would like to upgrade but not sure I want to replace the bump stop and springs with it so your questions are of some interest

Update:
More info suggests best route is to buy the ICON bumpstop kit.

---------
Original post:

We are in the same boat. The ICON bumpstop kit has a 1" spacer that is moved to the top of the bump stop when the RXTs are installed. This moves the bumps up one 1". The total travel of the RPG bumps is 2.5". So to accommodate the RXTs a shop will have to move the RPG up 1 inch (cut and weld). I heard aftermarket springs work with the RXT shocks as long as then are not thicker than 4".

However, its recommended to cycle the suspension to achieve the full travel. I will let you know what else I learn.

Last edited: