GEN 2 I hate the dealerships!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe @FordTechOne has some additional insight here. I’m of mixed feelings about this. I used to live next to a small-ish Ford dealer and their mechanics were your run of the mill gear heads who drag raced on weekends, so, when I got my SVT Mustang, I went there first for mods, track prep, etc. It was great because I knew the guys working on it, and, if they didn’t want to get into something too far out of field, they would say - probably best to get a speed shop to do it. They universally did good work, I didn’t have to ‘wait’ for appointments and the whole place took pride in their work. When I moved, that went away. Now, my local stealership is a local ‘powerhouse’ dealer. big, lots of name recognition but also with big social media presence, and service reviews. They do respond.

I miss the ‘small’ stealership feel, and I miss not knowing the mechanics, service advisor, etc. it’s way more impersonal, but... They do “jump for the numbers” so if you blast them online, they follow up.

Well said. It's always nice when you can establish a good relationship with a dealership and you know the technician doing the work will do it right and take care of your vehicle. That's hard to find with a lot of larger dealers that have a revolving door of employees and more work than they can effectively manage.