GEN 2 I hate the dealerships!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

allinon72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this dealer sends survey emails after service jobs but, regardless, I'd let the head of service, not the tech, know you're about to post a very negative online review of their service dept. unless they make everything right.

But BEFORE you post a negative review, call your service advisor and let them know what you found. Most likely they will be just as disgusted. If you post a negative review, you can't take it back, so the dealership has less of an incentive to make it right. Nearly every measure of success of a dealership is decided by customer surveys.

OP
OP
19RaptorPB

19RaptorPB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will give them a chance to make it right before posting a negative review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SD1290

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will give them a chance to make it right before posting a negative review.

Please update us on the outcome. I am afraid to take my truck to any ford dealer for service, the experience sucks every time. I am amazed this subpar work continues to happen

OP
OP
19RaptorPB

19RaptorPB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please update us on the outcome. I am afraid to take my truck to any ford dealer for service, the experience sucks every time. I am amazed this subpar work continues to happen

I will absolutely update. I am going to call tomorrow morning and speak to the service manager. I am going to request that it be handled immediately. This will be the third trip (had to wait almost a week for the dash to show up), on this issue. I live 45 minutes away and there was no offer of a loaner vehicle or anything. Again when I was sold the raptor at this very same dealership, I was led to believe that I was on the top tier of service just because I bought a ford performance vehicle. They also soaked me for the extended warranty and really didn’t give me the greatest price on my trade. Not a happy customer.

Jr24

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with what was posted earlier that it shouldn’t matter if is a Raptor or a Fiesta, the work should be done right, but unfortunately it doesn’t always work that is way. Having worked in a service department a long time ago, I can tell you that some techs will always be careful and attentive and some never will, and the problem is only made worse when techs are under constant pressure from management to “turn more hours.”

The best techs often are on salary and in a more a supervisory role so that they can perform or help others with special jobs which require more care or expertise, and make sure they are completed correctly without being under the pressure of the clock.

What I have found helpful is to form a relationship with a service advisor or the service manager, and treat them like you would like to be treated while at the same time letting them know that you are picky about your truck and will notice if it’s not right. You don’t have to be a jerk about it, but they know you’re paying attention and that you’re particular, you’ll tend to get better treatment. Just my .02.

dblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't had my Ford in for service yet, but with my Wrangler, they always informed me that I would be getting a survey from FCA and if there was any reason that I could not give them 10s to let them know...I would think Ford would be the same way, but like I said, no experience.

I'd go back and talk to the service manager.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Maybe @FordTechOne has some additional insight here. I’m of mixed feelings about this. I used to live next to a small-ish Ford dealer and their mechanics were your run of the mill gear heads who drag raced on weekends, so, when I got my SVT Mustang, I went there first for mods, track prep, etc. It was great because I knew the guys working on it, and, if they didn’t want to get into something too far out of field, they would say - probably best to get a speed shop to do it. They universally did good work, I didn’t have to ‘wait’ for appointments and the whole place took pride in their work. When I moved, that went away. Now, my local stealership is a local ‘powerhouse’ dealer. big, lots of name recognition but also with big social media presence, and service reviews. They do respond.

I miss the ‘small’ stealership feel, and I miss not knowing the mechanics, service advisor, etc. it’s way more impersonal, but... They do “jump for the numbers” so if you blast them online, they follow up.

tom wansor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As someone who had 3 different generations of the M3 then went to a Shelby GT350 now an Audi and contemplating a Raptor. I must say the Ford service experience was very disappointing. I had to bring the Shelby in for recall work and after waiting 2 weeks so I could get a loaner, the loaner was a Fiesta that was used by a smoker and ashtray was still full. I am not a smoker! I get my GT back and oily hand prints on fender, oil on valve covers from filling it after oil line replaced and oil dripping off undertray. BMW would always give a upgraded loaner and my car would come back washed and immaculate. Ford after purchase support is really a factor in my decision. Even though we all know nothing like the Raptor exists anywhere else.

brianh87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The largest problem in the automotive industry is that technicians are flat rate. They get paid a certain amount no matter how long it actually takes to do the work. The guy that worked on your truck may be their best, but in order to make some money, he had to work as quickly as possible to get yours done so he can move on to the next one. Being a warranty repair doesn't help either. Warranty work pays even less. There is no incentive for a tech to take his time. Trust me, I'm not defending him, just telling it like it is. Hope they make it right for you.