I do not "feel" the speed in my Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sheeyat, today I drove about 60 miles from my home to New Paltz, NY to do some apple picking. I decided to rest the Raptor and took my M5.

Call me twisted, but I was gumming along at a mile or two under the 65 mph limit for most of the drive, only picking it up to get out from behind rock kicker uppers that like to aim for my windscreen.

Something about driving a 600 hp beast and getting passed by Mom’s Mabley on her way to a cookout, knowing I can blow the doors off of almost any car on the road, that I find satisfying.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
A lot of the toll roads around here, the speed limit is 75-80. That means you do 85 on the regular. When you step out to pass, you are hitting 95-100. That's good enough for me.

75-85 is the cruising sweet spot. Anything above that feels like you're pushing the wind out of the way. I can't imagine doing 125 though.

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're sitting higher up off the road with a softer suspension so it doesn't "feel" as fast. Try doing 125 mph or whatever at the indy racecar experience and it'll seem much faster.

That is the correct answer.

Given the same actual rate of speed. The perception of going "fast" goes down the higher you are from the ground.

BrewRifle

Reaction score
Sheeyat, today I drove about 60 miles from my home to New Paltz, NY to do some apple picking. I decided to rest the Raptor and took my M5.

Call me twisted, but I was gumming along at a mile or two under the 65 mph limit for most of the drive, only picking it up to get out from behind rock kicker uppers that like to aim for my windscreen.

Something about driving a 600 hp beast and getting passed by Mom’s Mabley on her way to a cookout, knowing I can blow the doors off of almost any car on the road, that I find satisfying.

I used to do the same thing in my supercharged E92 M3 (625HP). M power!