I do not "feel" the speed in my Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MRFORDMAN

Reaction score
Anyone doing much over 100 MPH in a pickup truck on public highways has to have **** for brains. I hit the low to mid 90s on a 80 MPH interstate, but that never felt like a great idea. Speeding tickets aside, some people are just foolish.

avalanchegrey

Reaction score
I can’t feel the speed....
Oh, I’m parked already.

100mpg +/- 5 was the most speed I’ve driven my raptor.

Be safe out there ya’all Raptorials.

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The cars where I've least felt speed is a brand new 2020 Porsche Cayenne and a buddy's BMW F10 M5 (2013 year I believe). The M5, in particular, literally felt "boring" at it's governed 167mph indicated top speed. It was effortless.

The new Cayenne was super smooth up to approximately 140mph when I shut it down.

The Raptor is a good truck and easily cruises at higher speeds (85mph-100mph) when road conditions are safe, but you can definitely feel the speed more than other more sporty cars.

OP
OP
Kurator

Kurator

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What kind of moron:

a) 'accidentally' goes 100+mph in a Ford Raptor? Yeah, it's a real speed machine (pretty much a Ferrari). Then,

b) rather than slow down to a safe velocity, asks his wife to determine speed using a cellphone app.? Yeah stupid, the simplest explanation is that the speedo is broken. For sure.

Ok Boomer

mezger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I attended the 8-13-2020 class. On the last run of the day, a guy turned a Raptor on its side on the "Baja Course." The rest of the class was literally lined up at the gate to return to base and they rushed us off very quickly. I did not know about the incident until we got back to the class room and one of the other classmates told me about it. The instructors said nothing about it until asked and only said no one was hurt and it was the first time it happened.

You do get a lot of swag at the end of the class.

We had a guy who managed go off the 'Baja Course' when I did that assault in 2019. Epic levels of hamfistedness are required to lose it on that short, tame run, but somehow we had one in our group.

I had similar thoughts on it. I'm not badmouthing it too much because I think it's a cool concept, but if you have some experience running fast offroad, you'll find it pretty tame. I enjoyed tooling around gorgeous BLM land in a truck I didn't have to clean afterward, and it was an excuse to get to Moab for some MTB. Pissed off my instructor because I refused to use the trail control lol.

FDHog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t feel the “speed” in my Raptor because it only has a measly 450HP. That’s what I thought this thread was going to be about.

My cruising speed in this truck is 95MPH btw. It feels just fine at 105 MPH as well.

I see we have a lot of grand parents on this board.

I'm a grandparent and I cruise at 80 in the Raptor. Anything faster I use my GT350.
Oldfarts like to go fast too. We just use our brains more.

OP
OP
Kurator

Kurator

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone doing much over 100 MPH in a pickup truck on public highways has to have **** for brains. I hit the low to mid 90s on a 80 MPH interstate, but that never felt like a great idea. Speeding tickets aside, some people are just foolish.

I drove 18-wheelers for 6 years. Still remember doing 90MPH on Texas road on my rig. So I see no issues doing 100+ if the road is empty.