How To: Remove and Replace the Raptor Leaf Springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@2014RubyRed I am going to get deavers in the spring and I hear the only difference between +2 & +3 is the height and that the spring rate is the same. I am going to get the +3 even though I don't carry a lot of stuff daily, the 3-5 times a year I do I really want the truck to stay at least level.

I also hear that this is a mod that should be done very early and with the the deavers the ride does not suffer and for some they feel it is even better.

Reaction score
So, having never replaced any leaf springs before, is this a job best done one side at a time or both? I'll be working on a lift, so would it be a problem to loosen everything, lift the truck, remove the bolts and springs, and reinstall on both side at the same time?

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am going to do both. You must support the axle so you don't damage the brake lines, wires, shocks and such but maybe you already know that. Good luck I am doing mine in a week.

Reaction score
I am going to do both. You must support the axle so you don't damage the brake lines, wires, shocks and such but maybe you already know that. Good luck I am doing mine in a week.

That's what I figured. -And yeah, I am only going to lift the truck to the point just before the wheels come off the ground that way they are still supported.

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did mine one at a time. It seemed like it helped to keep everything lined up and I didn't have to manhandle the axle around much. But I did mine with a floor jack and wood blocks so that was my only option. The lift may make it just as easy to do both sides. Either way let us know how it goes if you don't mind

Reaction score
Well the new springs are in, and I will say this: Those things are heavy! But, more to the point, Since I was on a lift and not limited to just jack stands, I loosened all the bolts for both sides at the same time. I removed and replaced one spring at a time that way the alignment of the axel was less affected.

Question just for anyone else who has already done this - Did you end up moving the passenger side parking brake cable above the driver side leaf springe vice underneath like with the stock springs?

- and what have you all used to cut the front spring bolt on the drivers side? I used a sawz-most on it and I wouldn't recommend that tool. Maybe a grinder with a 3" or larger diameter cutoff wheel would have been better?