How to reconnect rubber thingy under radiator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black_Valkyrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question - discovered that the rubber air deflector that hangs under the radiator isn't connected on the radiator side. It's just hanging loose with the three plastic push in thingies intact. I can't seem to find where they connect to. I can't feel any holes underneath the radiator where they would attach. Losing my mind here a bit trying to figure out how and where this clips back in place? It's connect in front but not the back. Photo shows where the pushy clips are but don't know where it connects to on the truck

Attachments

• 20230319_213035.jpg
    20230319_213035.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 23

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i dont think they attach there.. i believe they go up into the radiator support, but you cant really access because the lower body crossmember is in the way. if you can look on the other side of the rubber piece, you'll see what i mean.

it's really not a critical piece, i took mine off once a frame cut bumper went on, and the side ones were falling apart so they came off too.. no overheating or issues..

jackjare9455

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont think they attach there.. i believe they go up into the radiator support, but you cant really access because the lower body crossmember is in the way. if you can look on the other side of the rubber piece, you'll see what i mean.

it's really not a critical piece, i took mine off once a frame cut bumper went on, and the side ones were falling apart so they came off too.. no overheating or issues..
I have been missing the sides ones since I bought it, debates ordering them, but I haven’t had any issues either.

xtela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a screenshot from the 2014 service manual. Oddly enough they show four. Screenshot (149).png

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here is a screenshot from the 2014 service manual. Oddly enough they show four. View attachment 398436
They may show four because the Raptor side curtans are different from the regular F-150. I got one of each the last time I replaced, the driver side did not have the lower portion and bought thru the local ford store.