How To: Adjust the Fox Shock Perch / Height / Level the Front

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
ok, got it done. These warranty services are stated in one of the booklets on page 14. At first, they didn't want to get it done. It was like pulling teeth to get it done, even after showing them where it states these services. So a few hours later, my raptor is aligned and i have a scratched up wheel. Jesus, this is why i hate going to the dealer for anything. I digress, my raptor has now joined the ranks of mid-perch raptors. Wuh-bam!

uploadfromtaptalk1376516084052.jpg

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you raise the perch, does that mean you are increasing up travel and decreasing down travel?

avodude

Reaction score
Just did this this morning. set it on the 2nd notch. took about 1.5hrs on the lift. Thank you for the writeup, ive installed spacer lifts before so i wasn't worried about the difficulty but if you havent ever done anything like this it is much easier than it looks. I have my entire front end off because im doing a complete Glassworks (frt/rr) conversion this weekend too. Having the fenders off was definitely nice.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's a good question. One would assume it is only decreasing down travel but I'm no expert.

I'm sorry I should have read the OP more thoroughly. Apparently, there is an increase in up travel (jounce travel) and decrease in down travel (rebound travel). Since the front is raised 2.5", I assume the jounce travel is increased 2.5"? And the opposite for rebound travel? Is that right?

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm sorry I should have read the OP more thoroughly. Apparently, there is an increase in up travel (jounce travel) and decrease in down travel (rebound travel). Since the front is raised 2.5", I assume the jounce travel is increased 2.5"? And the opposite for rebound travel? Is that right?

You lost me at jounce travel. Lol. I don't know anything about how shocks work. The way I envisioned it doing the mod was by moving the ring up it was only reducing down travel. Let's say there's only 10" of travel, you move the ring up 2", you don't have 12" of travel now but rather 8" of movement between bottomed out and maxed out. This is just a non gear head interpreting what I see. Someone with professional knowledge can maybe educate me if that's the wrong thought process.

Baldguy01

Reaction score
Hey guys, was looking to do a mid perch on my 2013. Shocks don't seem the same as in the write up, no notches in the shocks or allen head screws to remove.

So with that said did I miss details somewhere? just want to make sure before renting a spring compressor etc to find out I'm farked...

Badgerscab6.2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
woooooohoooooo. Finally did it. And by myself!!!! took a bit longer than people have been doing it. Pretty damn humid out, had to take alot of breaks. Dont drink alchohol so it was a 5 water bottle job. I think the fact that its been through two winters already didnt help either. Had to bust out the pb blaster quite a bit. I just watched the video that rpg put up on youtube a few times last night and busted it out in roughly 2.5 hours today. good to finally be in the club :guile-1:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter