How To: Adjust the Fox Shock Perch / Height / Level the Front

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MasterChief

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a reminder, this mod costs nothing more than an hour or two of your time. Oriellys or AutoZone will lend you the spring compression tool for free, dealership will do alignment for free as long as your truck is less than a year old and under 12k miles. Just did it. Hour and a half work and have never done anything more than change my oil and rotate tires before.

Krab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, I just called two local dealers and both turned me down. I'm at 7,500 miles and 6 months old. First dealer turned me down out right. Second one said I have to be under 7 months or 7k miles, whichever comes first. Who did you guys speak to in order to get the complimentary alignment?

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
In the manuals that came with the truck should have a card with services you receive on it under warranty. On there it states alignment before 12k miles. Someone correct me if I'm wrong as I have never looked but that is what's been discussed before.

Krab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, got it done. These warranty services are stated in one of the booklets on page 14. At first, they didn't want to get it done. It was like pulling teeth to get it done, even after showing them where it states these services. So a few hours later, my raptor is aligned and I have a scratched up wheel. Jesus, this is why I hate going to the dealer for anything. I digress, my raptor has now joined the ranks of mid-perch raptors. Wuh-bam!

SVTBuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the lifetime alignment from Firestone for around $200 on sale (maybe a little less... can't remember the exact amount). If you live near one, it pays for itself on the 2nd or 3rd one. I plan on keeping this truck for a long time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

DieselD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the alignment is a 12month 12k mile warranty. You should have a "concern" tho rather then just saying you want it aligned just because....Tell them you think the front tires are wearing oddly, pulls to one direction or the other etc. This will prompt them to put it on the rack and check it which of course will find the toe out of spec after a perch adjustment.