How much I spent on wrapping my Raptor myself.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gerald

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice. So you changed the Raptor color from black to a gray. Interesting.

OP
OP
OB911

OB911

Reaction score
Yup! Loved the leadfoot color on the 18’s but got a white 2018. I should’ve waited for the 2020 leadfoot color but couldn’t wait for it. Had to get into another raptor ASAP so I got a 2019.:)

Killingtommygun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All in all, wrapping my Raptor on my own cost me about $800. I got quotes from wrap shops that were upwards of $4500 so I just decided to do it myself and save some money. Decided to wrap the truck because I couldn’t stand how easily the black got dirty and to protect it from bushes when off-roading.

Wrapping the whole car took about 10 days. I took about 1-2 hours each day whenever I had free time (Wrap shop could get it done in about 2 days give or take a few days). Headlight trim and around the antenna on the roof were the hardest parts to wrap.

Materials I used (All bought on Amazon)

Wrap 5ftx75ft roll (Price will vary on color, finish, company, etc): $655

X2 3M Knifeless Finish Line Vinyl Wrap Cutting Tape 50 Meter Roll: $28 ea.

Micro Squeegee Tool Kit: $22.59

Regular Squeegee (4 pack): $7.34

VViViD Vinyl Gloves: $10

Trim Removal Tools: $10

Blades for cutting wrap (35 degree blade):
$2-$4

Heat Gun: $14.99
Total Spent: $779.92

View attachment 132930

View attachment 132931

Me and my buddy did a test piece on my hood and it didnt come out perfect, but it will do the trick for now. I think it might have been too cold, we had a few bubbles and the fingers were a bitch on the front. Def removing in the spring though, ocd as hell and want to make it right, yours looks great!