How many years will the Raptor R be made for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hope you are right man. There have been a few cars that I felt the same way about and they just went up in price.

Last Gen Viper. - I had a dealer offer me a 2015 GTS Viper for 90K brand new. The original window sticker was $149K. I was picked to get A 2015 GT350. I thought, well, the most rare Shelby ever built by Ford or a “regular” Viper. Same money at the time…

BMW Z8 - I didn‘t have the money at the time and thought i could pick one up later For less than MSRP.

Ford GT…

I remember going into a dealership outside of New Orleans and seeing a brand new Heritage Ford GT on the showroom floor. I asked them what kind of deal would they make on it and they said 50K over sticker. (About 210K in 2006 dollars.). I told them no way. I told my buddy when we left that I was going to wait a few years and get one for less than 100K…

Why did you have to bring this up.

Now my stomach hurts even more lol. The ACR Viper is on my list, specifically the one below... Also F12 Berlinetta and the Aston Martin DBS in triple black on 21s and diamond stitched peanut interior with the words, "Yo momma liked it" stitched into the headrest. Am I right?

GWC_5435-Edit.jpg

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Front bumper and tail lights are all I’ve seen. The dash is covered but doesn’t mean too much.Front bumper seems to have better clearance. Fog lights are spread further apart and front park sensor is relocated to in between the front fogs.
A30FEFAB-1A57-4936-89DE-5FFF0604BE34.jpeg
770433A9-4F11-4859-AA53-D1BA01884F7F.jpeg

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully the Gen 4 is just v8 and RAPTOR R.

I do love the ecoboost but I want more of that THROAT.

Xiaofeng Mu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope they can do something like merc using TT/SC V8+small high performance battery for both high torque and gas mileage (at least more range if gas is cheap). Then the only thing is weight and hope they could use all aluminum frame to compensate that (still unlikely consider the cost for normal F150s).

btizzle

Reaction score
There is an absolute zero % chance the R receives any sort of face lift or refresh within the next 2 yrs. Zero. Goose egg. None. I’m not convinced it will be made after 2025 to be honest, so not a lot of reason for Ford to update or refresh it at all and if history is any lesson with Ford and their FP lineup including GT350/500, Raptor, RS etc.. it’s never been refreshed as part of the lesser model line up changes.
Lol.. my favorite. Some dude on a forum saying, “I’m smart, I know things, its a fact there won’t be any changes.” Then right after someone posts, “here’s a link showing changes homie.” Lol classic.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully the Gen 4 is just v8 and RAPTOR R.

I do love the ecoboost but I want more of that THROAT.

There is no way Ford is going to downgrade the Raptor HP by downgrading from TTV6 to V8. Having a V8, TTV6, and SCV8 is extremely unlikely, but 20 times more likely than V8 and SC V8 lineup.

Lol.. my favorite. Some dude on a forum saying, “I’m smart, I know things, its a fact there won’t be any changes.” Then right after someone posts, “here’s a link showing changes homie.” Lol classic.

It depends on what's actually occurring in the refresh/upgrade. If the part that gets refreshed on the standard trims isn't shared on the Raptor (like bumpers) and/or is cosmetic and not an actual functional upgrade, then it seems likely the Raptor won't get that refreshed part. Also, it depends on volume of Raptors being made, whether connected parts would have to be updated, etc.

Headlights would be a good example for the previous generation. Standard trims got new headlights in the refresh, which also caused changes to related trim and the front grill. If Raptors got the same refresh, which they did not, then it would have caused completely different trim piece and grill, making it much less cost effective.

If the standard trims get a new larger infotainment screen, it seems likely that Raptor will too, as it's shared parts and keeping the old screen on Raptors will only result in increased costs.