How many years will the Raptor R be made for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you see the 2024 Raptor R prototype pictures? It has been running around Detroit and has very noticeable changes outside and inside as Ford updates the whole line in 24.

I have not. Do you have a link? I’ve see the interior spy shots of the Ranger Raptor interior and spy shots of updated taillights for possibly the 2024 F150 but I haven’t seen spy shots of an updated R with any noticeable changes.

RapGen

Reaction score
I'm not knocking the Raptor R, I think it's an awesome truck. But don't blame me, Ford chose to make it look bad with that graphic font, not me. It's also crazy that they tried the blowing flag approach and moved the red R to the leading letter on the passenger side as if the forward movement moved it to the rear...lol.

The US flag is displayed that way because it is a mirror image and the blue field with stars is always leading. To move the R to the front of the word is lame. Is it a RaptorR or an RRaptor? Can't be both...or can it? I guess it could identify both ways these days...lol.

Sorry if I hurt your precious feelings. Once you get yours, stand back and take off your rose colored glasses and tell me what you see when you look at the graphic...lol.
Didn’t hurt my feelings. I just said the jokes were lame…

As far as the US Flag, it’s not a mirror image. It symbolizes a soldier carrying a flag into combat and what that flag would look like if you saw it on either their left or right side of the soldier. The stars are always closest to the flag pole so, depending on the wind, the stars are left or right side of a flag pole normally. The US Soldier, running into combat, would always have the stripes behind the stars as they would run faster than the wind for honor.

I know what you are saying about the highlighted ”R” character. I just don’t see the RRaptor at all when I see it. I also don’t see Aptor... Maybe they should have just done an R at the back like the did for the front grill. It makes sense on the front, it could have on the back as well.

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn’t hurt my feelings. I just said the jokes were lame…

As far as the US Flag, it’s not a mirror image. It symbolizes a soldier carrying a flag into combat and what that flag would look like if you saw it on either their left or right side of the soldier. The stars are always closest to the flag pole so, depending on the wind, the stars are left or right side of a flag pole normally. The US Soldier, running into combat, would always have the stripes behind the stars as they would run faster than the wind for honor.

I know what you are saying about the highlighted ”R” character. I just don’t see the RRaptor at all when I see it. I also don’t see Aptor... Maybe they should have just done an R at the back like the did for the front grill. It makes sense on the front, it could have on the back as well.
I already understood the US flag and why it is displayed with the stars leading. But if you hold a flag in front of a mirror you'll see a mirror image.

The graphics on an R are not a mirror image due to the the change in placement of the red R. And if viewed in a mirror, the letters would be backwards. Therefore, there's no point in them moving the red R. You probably don't see an RRAPTOR when you look, because there aren't two Rs. But there aren't two Rs in RAPTOR with the last R being red either.

My point here is that the red R should be in the same location (at the end of the name) on both sides. I'm pretty sure I saw that the red R is at the end of the name on both sides of the hood scoop.

It sounds like we're both in agreement that Ford could've done a better job with creating a trademarked graphic that sets apart the R package. That was, and remains, my whole point with my original comment. No offense intended to anyone who likes the R graphics. Just remember that someone graduated last at the graphic design school, and we may know where he or she works...lol. Good day sir.

AntiMattersMost

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

RapGen

Reaction score
I dunno how many years they will be made but I should be able to afford one by 2030.
I hope you are right man. There have been a few cars that I felt the same way about and they just went up in price.

Last Gen Viper. - I had a dealer offer me a 2015 GTS Viper for 90K brand new. The original window sticker was $149K. I was picked to get A 2015 GT350. I thought, well, the most rare Shelby ever built by Ford or a “regular” Viper. Same money at the time…

BMW Z8 - I didn‘t have the money at the time and thought i could pick one up later For less than MSRP.

Ford GT…

I remember going into a dealership outside of New Orleans and seeing a brand new Heritage Ford GT on the showroom floor. I asked them what kind of deal would they make on it and they said 50K over sticker. (About 210K in 2006 dollars.). I told them no way. I told my buddy when we left that I was going to wait a few years and get one for less than 100K…