How many years will the Raptor R be made for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor916

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has Ford stated how many years they will be producing the Raptor R?

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know, but I saw somewhere online that they may already be giving the "R" a facelift along with the entire F-150 line, and hopefully they set it apart a little more from the typical Raptor.........which is what they should have done from the beginning, with more aggressive styling cues......more pronounced fenders, special front fascia, special edition wheels, smoked "look" taillights........the Black plastic & wheel paint with some Orange "R"s is not gonna cut the mustard Ford!

kiman44

Reaction score
Will they be keeping the predator engine alive for future Raptor generations is my question. We see Chrysler retiring the hellcat engine. I'm assuming this is all going to go to hybrid power at some point, with smaller ICE powerplants. I hope I'm wrong.

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5.2L is small for a truck engine, sort of. Give Ford some credit they did come out with 6.8L to replace the 6.2 gas engine in the Superduty. No one else is making bigger engines to replace old ones in the face of all the anti ICE headwinds. And personally I like the subtle changes to the R. That exhaust note sets it apart just fine.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know, but I saw somewhere online that they may already be giving the "R" a facelift along with the entire F-150 line, and hopefully they set it apart a little more from the typical Raptor.........which is what they should have done from the beginning, with more aggressive styling cues......more pronounced fenders, special front fascia, special edition wheels, smoked "look" taillights........the Black plastic & wheel paint with some Orange "R"s is not gonna cut the mustard Ford!
Nah. They're using the new parts so they can lower production costs. I'll bet the new gen 3s get the same "improvements".

Chzhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could have done 4 grill lights in front for the extra cylinders (like Buick used to do with the fender ports)