How Long does the 12v stay hot once truck is off?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris S

Reaction score
For whatever it is worth, there is no electrical device more inefficient than a DC-AC inverter. They are great to have but very high draw for the amount of current they produce. I would look at the specs on the inverter, the Amp draw will likely tell the tale. I think there has to be a simple 12v hot spot solution, you will be much more successful.

OP
OP
nikhsub1

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For whatever it is worth, there is no electrical device more inefficient than a DC-AC inverter. They are great to have but very high draw for the amount of current they produce. I would look at the specs on the inverter, the Amp draw will likely tell the tale. I think there has to be a simple 12v hot spot solution, you will be much more successful.
Yeah that is what it must be - I got this one for my purpose https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q5DJFJP/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

And I frequently take small short trips so if the 12v is staying powered for any length of time after shutoff, this would certainly strain the battery. And as far has hotspots goes, the Spark is the least expensive and you get unlimited data, the caveat is that it needs to be plugged into the OBD2 port, for which I have a fully functioning work around. Regular hotspots are charged by how much data you use, so I'm not interested. Ideally the 12v sockets would shutoff with the truck and not stay powered at all after ignition turns off.