How long does it take to get a built date?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Carson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the same thing. Sold my 2000 F150 Harley-Davidson. ;( I ordered my 2013 Screw on Aug 20th. Got my VIN on Oct 1 and build date was Oct 8. Called SVT on Oct 10 and my truck is "Awaiting shipment". Hopefully I will get it by Thanksgiving. I hate driving my Shelby GT 500 as a daily driver. :lol2:

My story is quite similar. Ordered Sept. 7, VIN Oct 2, build date Oct. 9. Called SVT on Oct 11 and it's awaiting shipment. Has an ETA of Oct. 29 and I hope I hope I hope I hope they hit it.:burnout:

MEXICAN RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe we should make a thread to see who's got the longest wait time from order to delivery.

---------- Post added at 08:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

Put me down for 7/1 :)

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My story is quite similar. Ordered Sept. 7, VIN Oct 2, build date Oct. 9. Called SVT on Oct 11 and it's awaiting shipment. Has an ETA of Oct. 29 and I hope I hope I hope I hope they hit it.:burnout:

wow. thats seems fast compared to what most say. i ordered 9-11, and nothing yet. maybe this week i hope

Reagansa

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Its about dealers, allocations, their past sales and so forth. I ordered on 9/8 and still haven't received build date. I was told 12 - 15 weeks when I ordered. I had settled in for the wait and was planning for a very nice Christmas present.

When I started seeing all the chatter on build dates, order dates, and then guys taking delivery the waiting started to become more difficult. I'm back to expecting Christmas and trying to live through those that are ahead of me. Congrats to them.

For the rest of us, its extra time to build the mod list!!

Carson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I understand it correctly, mine is a quick turnaround time because somebody up the chain decided to use my order in a mis-build slot.

I'm sure I'd be a Thanksgiving-Christmas delivery otherwise and that's what I'd settled in for. I was really surprised when I asked blood to look up my info and he said it had a scheduled date.

Also, the dealership I went through is fairly small, but 70% or so of their business is pickups. They've only ever ordered 4 Raptors before mine from what the sales guy told me.

OP
OP
sniperm

sniperm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I got lucky !!

My dealer called me today and told me my truck was in KY . !!!!!!!