How do I make this thing go faster?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaggwaa

Reaction score
Why? The EcoBoost is faster than the 6.2, has more torque than the 6.2, and gets way better fuel economy than the 6.2. What is the downside? If you say “sound”, sorry, but that doesn’t outweigh the other 3 for me.

BECAUSE WE ARE TALKING 700-1000hp...... mpg and performance are two opposites. Ever heard anyone with 1000 hp complain about mpg?

i understand what u r saying. But u r not understanding what i am saying.

Well my preference is a 700-1000 hp beast, that burns rubber like dust, dig dirt, make clouds and growl like a dinosaur that shivers thru your spine.

Really dont care about mpg. Its just the cost of fun.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why? The EcoBoost is faster than the 6.2, has more torque than the 6.2, and gets way better fuel economy than the 6.2. What is the downside? If you say “sound”, sorry, but that doesn’t outweigh the other 3 for me.

right now the HO 3.5 is still king of the hill when it comes to 1/2 ton pickup power.....period

can’t way for a hybrid gen 3

if by some slim chance Ford does go to a V8 for the gen 3 & I’m in the market to upgrade to another offroad 1/2 ton...if my only choices are the watered down GM AT4 & the TRX w/ blown V8 vs Raptor w/ a V8 I’m taking a TRX all day every day ESPECIALLY if ford puts a supercharged V8 into a gen3 cuz they’ve moved so far away from V8 R&D & my general impression has always been they make the least desirable V8s outta Toyota/GM/Mopar

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Youre forgetting about reliability, the ecoboost has seen more than its share of problems, the 6.2 had how many??? Now we are down to 2 for you.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
BECAUSE WE ARE TALKING 700-1000hp...... mpg and performance are two opposites. Ever heard anyone with 1000 hp complain about mpg?

i understand what u r saying. But u r not understanding what i am saying.

Well my preference is a 700-1000 hp beast, that burns rubber like dust, dig dirt, make clouds and growl like a dinosaur that shivers thru your spine.

Really dont care about mpg. Its just the cost of fun.

You are comparing a stock EcoBoost to a modified V8. In stock form, the EcoBoost outperforms the 6.2 in every category including efficiency. That is what the majority of consumers are looking for. Ford isn’t going to use a heavier, lower performing, less efficient engine solely to cater to the extremely small population of buyers who are going to install aftermarket superchargers. That would be ridiculous.

Your claimed that “there is nothing you can do to significantly increase hp and tq numbers“, which is completely false and not helpful to OP’s question. The EcoBoost can make 700-1000HP with modifications as well.

We get it, you prefer the V8. But going around badmouthing the EcoBoost and lamenting the 6.2 is not helpful to anyone, especially not in a thread about EcoBoost performance modifications.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Youre forgetting about reliability, the ecoboost has seen more than its share of problems, the 6.2 had how many??? Now we are down to 2 for you.

You have zero data to support your baseless claim. Ford has sold significantly more Gen 2 Raptors than Gen 1, which results is more threads, posts, and discussion on the forum.

Why don’t you supply us with the warranty data to back up your statement. We’ll wait.

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to bust your bubble but ford has sold way more 6.2’s raptor/superduty platform than ho 3.5 ecos
You have zero data to support your baseless claim. Ford has sold significantly more Gen 2 Raptors than Gen 1, which results is more threads, posts, and discussion on the forum.

Why don’t you supply us with the warranty data to back up your statement. We’ll wait.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry to bust your bubble but ford has sold way more 6.2’s raptor/superduty platform than ho 3.5 ecos

You must not have read my post. I said nothing about 6.2 Super Duty. I specifically stated that Ford has sold more Gen 2 Raptors than Gen 1 Raptors. Being a Raptor forum, there is going to be more threads, posts, and discussions on the higher selling, newer model.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Now now, you know im not privy to that data, but i bet you have it. Im not starting a war of words here, I'm going on my 10 years of being involved in Raptors and my love for Fords. Theres way more complaints about leaking oil pans, cam phasers and electrical gremlins, mice love the new ford wiring, etc. The 6.2 raptors had problems with the sync at first and the odd iwe issues and frames if you jumped them off woops with a load in the box.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter