How do I make this thing go faster?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor 2014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KKKKKan't WWWEEEE ALLLLL JUST GGGET ALLONG Quote from the POS Rodney King Who thank GOD is deceased.
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I have a 6.2 BUT the ecoboost is a more efficient design. Add that to a lighter truck, 10 speed trans and turbos, you have a package that will out perform a 6.2 platform exponentially. With remapping of the ECU, keeping the charge temps down (Larger Efficient Intercooler with a great air supply) using pump gas, large gains can be made in torque which calculates into HP.
I don't think 550 RWHP in 7th gear (1 to 1 ratio) spinning 35" tires is doable if the engine is to last, Utilizing water injection maybe but I would definitely have to see charts to believe it. Using E-85 yah but not 93 octane gasoline.
I checked out COBBs web sight but the graph doesn't show what gear the truck was in while being tested. I would love to be proven wrong but it probably won't happen.
I will be supercharging my 6.2 - Not for max HP Just for reliable extra torque to move 7.000 + LBS in altitude or towing. I don't plan on trying to will any races in my heavy Boat. With my stock 6.2, I can still get sideways at 90+ MPH in the dirt when I don't want to. LOOLOOOLO

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Now now, you know im not privy to that data, but i bet you have it. Im not starting a war of words here, I'm going on my 10 years of being involved in Raptors and my love for Fords. Theres way more complaints about leaking oil pans, cam phasers and electrical gremlins, mice love the new ford wiring, etc. The 6.2 raptors had problems with the sync at first and the odd iwe issues and frames if you jumped them off woops with a load in the box.

That’s why I mentioned that Ford has sold significantly more Gen 2 Raptors than Gen 1. Hence, on a Raptor forum, there will be more discussion on the higher volume, newer model. That is in no way a direct correlation to the reliability of either model.

As far as oil pan leaks and cam phasers, both affected early model Gen 2 EcoBoosts and both issues were resolved with update parts and procedures. Wiring hasn’t changed; Ford does not use the soy based wire insulation that many asian manufacturers employed and were subsequently sued over. Rodents are no more likely to chew the wires on a newer model than an older one.

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if by some slim chance Ford does go to a V8 for the gen 3 & I’m in the market to upgrade to another offroad 1/2 ton...if my only choices are the watered down GM AT4 & the TRX w/ blown V8 vs Raptor w/ a V8 I’m taking a TRX all day every day ESPECIALLY if ford puts a supercharged V8 into a gen3 cuz they’ve moved so far away from V8 R&D & my general impression has always been they make the least desirable V8s outta Toyota/GM/Mopar

I used to think the same thing until I bought a Gen 3 Coyote. Ford’s V8 is not a traditional American V8 in the way you would think of them. But I promise you Ford matched every R&D dollar and then some that the other manufacturers spent on their motors. It is a fantastically well engineered, efficient, power plant.

Is it as good an option over the 3.5 Ecoboost for the Raptor? Eh. Probably not. It would be difficult to say even if they put the GT500 Predator motor in the truck. But I absolutely promise you, Ford is not outgunned on the V8 front by any of its competition.

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dear OP, there is nothing you can do to significantly increase hp and tq numbers, that is why i hate this ttv6 and want to really punish the guy at ford who decided to ditch the old 6.2 v8. really wana burn him alive. cut his tiny beeds off. stitch em again, and cut em off, stitch em again and cut em off and again and again till eternity.
700hp and the v8 rumble is my cup of tea. Easily and reliably possible on v8 with twin turbo or sc, hell and can be pushed to 1000 hp with few additional upgrades.

If you really wana go faster then might look at gt500. love everything about it. Or wait for gen 3 or trx.
Can't be serious.....but seriously, you aren't serious are you? Seriously?