How did you tell your wife about the Raptor??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beefcake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be honest. I'm probably one of a few guys that pretty much does / gets to do what he wants.

Anyway. I had a demo from the lot I was driving, an 09 STX. Someone had put some goofy HID's on it / no high beams. The passenger side wasn't working.

I have a pretty nice GT, but was thinking I wanted a stick car as well. So the owner let me throw in an order for a 13 Boss 302. The reason I hadn't done a Raptor was because there is no D plan available on them.

I was playing around with some invoicing on the 12 Boss' and realized there was no reimbursement from Ford on those as well. So, I figured I'd just get the Raptor now, I needed a winter beater anyway. LOL.

That was Thursday night. I said to myself i'd wrap it up on Thrusday.

I was leaving for work, and the wife noticed the headlight out on the demo. She said "your lights out". I said i knew. She said it's not safe and told me to bring a different truck home tonight.

I smiled and said. "I think I will do that, your always right".

This was my FB post halfway through the day.

Soooo, the wife said something this morning while I was leaving for work. She noticed one of the headlights were out on the demo truck I was driving. She said "That's not safe, You sould bring a different truck home tonight".

You'd think after 13 1/2 years, she would know me better than to say something like that...... lol

I got home with no Phone Calls. She evidently hadn't seen my FB. I proceeded to tell my 10yr old daughter the story from the morning. My wife immediately went to the window to look outside as soon as I started talking.

Most of my FB friends had agreed it appeared to be a green light.

My wife decided to join in and posted.

I was SO not saying that!!!!! :)

Of course I replied with.

Ooooppppps

Just something fun I thought i'd share.

btw, the next night, we were going into the mall, she turned around halfway to the door, looked at the truck, looked at me and said. "That is pretty sweet" lol

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife's theory is that "as long as it has wheels and not heels, we're ok". When I bought the first GT500 I told her I had my midlife crisis to which she replied "You bought the car didn't you?" (We had been talking about it for a year) That was 4 years ago, 6 Mustangs and 2 Raptors ago :D I am down to 3 Mustangs, 2 Raptors and a Harley now. Looking to pick up another Harley for a project I want to start working on next month.

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had talked to her about this truck since they came out and one day I told her I was thinking of buying it..

Next day I came home and told her I dropped the order and that was that.

She's a great woman and really let's me do as I please within reason though it helps that I keep my trucks/cars for a LONG time so she rarely has to deal with this. lol..

We have a deal, she doesn't bother me about my vehicles, guns or computers, I don't hassle her about her jeans, shoes or purses. The arrangement works perfectly even though she probably spends more than me when it all comes down to it..

~BGM

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have a deal, she doesn't bother me about my vehicles, guns or computers, I don't hassle her about her jeans, shoes or purses. The arrangement works perfectly even though she probably spends more than me when it all comes down to it..

~BGM

Same..except I spend as much as she does :( You left out her hobbies and jewelry. We don't bother each other as long as we can afford it, why not?

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
I made a deal to buy her a newer car when I ordered the raptor. Just got her this a few days ago! Its too bad molten orange was discontinued for 2012's. Lol

ForumRunner_20120105_175359.jpg

Oh yea its the "Baja" edition (whatever that means) I've also nicknamed it "Compy" (as in those small raptor looking dinosaurs in jurasic park)

Sent from somewhere on my DROIDX using Forum Runner

MikeD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife told me to get one last year, I didn't and regretted it so I finally listened to her and should have it within a month or so.

Raptoyd11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still doesn't know I have it. Thinks it belongs to the neighbor. Just kidding I get whatever I want and she loves it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc