How did you tell your wife about the Raptor??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MiloX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had her drive one.
48a12eb9-8197-612f.jpg

rhino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a great wife as well, I do make sure she is well taken care of but for the most part she lets me play. I have a lot of toys and she lets me do what I want as long as I don't ignore her and our little girl. With the Raptor I went and bought her a 4wd '12 Explorer Limited when I ordered the truck so she wouldn't feel like I got a new vehicle and left her out. I am very active helping combat vets and use all my vehicles/toys in providing trips, transportation, and adventures for the vets. She knows how important giving back is to me and doesn't mind me spending a fair amount of time and money doing this. I get to enjoy my toys while helping others in the process.

RevlimitrSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife told me about it. I was working in the garage and my wife called me and asked me how fast I could empty my Frontier of all my tools and gear and when I was done she made me drive her to Virginia and would not explain to me why.

Unknown to me she was in communication with a dealership in VA and bought my Raptor for me over the phone and through emails and all I had to do was drop my Frontier off for trade in and do the final paperwork.

Granted My Raptor wasn't brand new but she got a smoking deal on it and it had everything I wanted except for the sunroof and bed extender. Its definitely the best birthday/anniversary present I ever got

now if I can only get her to buy me the Velociraptor kit for this years birthday/anniversary:ROFLJest:

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just buy trucks I don't ask same with quads and motorcycles etc etc lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I said, "I really like those Raptors... I think I want to get one"

She said, "OK... do whatever you want."

*fast forward 3 months"

I said, "Well, here it is!"

She said, "You actually bought it? I didn't think you were serious!"

Same thing with my Polaris RZR, she should have known better, I don't mess around!

OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's funny when they don't "think" your serious

another lil story.

we are headed to florida for vacation, thhis was 05 i think. we were going from wed to tuesday of the next week.

i remembered the nmra race was in ga that weekend. I'm in ohio keep in mind.

so, i told her. "if i can find someone to go to the house, load up my lightning, trailer it to GA for me, can i go up and race for the weekend" she said, sure, no problem.

we have a pretty tight bunch in our stangbangerz group. I posted on the forums to see who was up for it. One of my buddy's was like "F... Yeah, i'll do it"

So, he's headed 8 hours south, i'm loading to go 8 hours north. She looks at me and says. "I really didn't think you were going to go". I told her she said I could. She said "well yeah, but i didn't think someone would actually drag your junk 8 hours to GA." lol

Til this day, she still doesn't like that guy!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc