How did you handle the trade-in?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwright4679

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I traded in my '11 lariat ecoboost. we "negotiated" a price when i ordered the raptor and they honored it when the truck came in. They did say, as mentioned above, not to drive it excessively. lol

I killed them on the trade in.

Then when i was in for my first service on the raptor, someone was there signing papers buying it. lol Sales guy came and asked me how aftermarket remote start worked and a couple of other things lol

OP
OP
H

HoldenTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know most of you didn't get the run-around on the big day. I think it helps that most of us who have ordered seem to be dealing with sales guys who are keeping this simple - versus the whole game you play when you want something off the lot.

Richie_chi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in missouri you still get the sales tax advantage with a private sale, not only on trade ins. you just have to show a bill of sale

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Living in missouri That's what I did, sold my 370z for 25 dealership offered me 19. On top of getting the sales tax from my bill of sale, since I bought it in Kansas I didn't have to pay full sales tax saved like .04% saved me another grand

plotshots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Carmax Quote

I went to Carmax and received a nearly full Private Retail quote for my '08 custom Tacoma 4x4 and my dealer has agreed to add another $500 dollars to that offer when I trade it in later this week. Seems to be a pretty good deal for them too, because they can easily add $3k to the price and sell it on their lot.

BTW - The Taco only gets 14 - 15.8 mpg. I, just like everyone else, thought Tacos were supposed to get good gas mileage. Gimme an additional 175 HP, more leg room, and a zombie-proof vehicle for almost no hit in fuel economy? No brainer.