How did you handle the trade-in?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoldenTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you who ordered and waaaaaaited....
Did your dealers offer you a trade-in price for your current vehicle when you ordered it and still honor it months later?

Mine made an offer back in January when I ordered, but assuming I pick it up in April I'd assume the offer may not stand since to be fair I've added miles to the vehicle.

Just wondering how it worked out for you other guys who drove to pick up the new ride in the car you were planning to trade?

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yes. trade quote when i ordered. had the manager sign it. they honored it when i picked up my truck. but i kinda had to promise em i wasnt gonna drive it to rio de janeiro and back

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They said the value of my trade in may go down so I just traded it in right when I signed on the line......I also had another vehicle to drive so it wasn't a big deal

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I asked them how many more miles they would allow to get the same price. They said no more than 2k more miles and they would honor the price quoted at the signing.

tipnring

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They quoted me $11,000 for my trade when I ordered. When it came in I asked for 11,500 & they said ok. I only put 1000 miles on it during that time. I could have gotten more from a private sale but wanted the sales tax advantage & the ease of trading it in.

svt83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered Oct 2011, got Raptor Mar 2012. They projected my trade out and due to putting almost no miles on it I got a little more than initial quote. I think it was like 750 or 1k. Something like that.

raptor2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in missouri you still get the sales tax advantage with a private sale, not only on trade ins. you just have to show a bill of sale

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, trade in value was set when I ordered the truck and would be honored as long as the order was pulled within 14 weeks. Thought that was fair as it was my dd.