How did you come to afford your raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dayana

Reaction score
I’m 22 and recently got a gen 2 raptor. I’m a CMA and was able to afford the payments no problem. The thing is I’m still going to school and I’ll be required to attend full time causing me to leave my job. Currently making some modifications to the raptor before I sell it back. Sad to see it go but in 5 to 8 years I’ll be able to buy a raptor cash instead of making payments.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m 22 and recently got a gen 2 raptor. I’m a CMA and was able to afford the payments no problem. The thing is I’m still going to school and I’ll be required to attend full time causing me to leave my job. Currently making some modifications to the raptor before I sell it back. Sad to see it go but in 5 to 8 years I’ll be able to buy a raptor cash instead of making payments.

Hello. Welcome. And goodbye. I have one question:

Currently making some modifications to the raptor before I sell it back.

Why?

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Kids and money. At least he got a truck. I bought a viper at his age and used it as a daily for a few years. I’m glad I survived that lol.

Not that. Why mod it before selling it? Why not sell the parts he bought for doing the mods and leave the truck stock? That's the best way to lose the least money.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome, pics for clarity, what mods are you doing? If you wait 8 years, that Gen of Raptor will be electric!

GT3_Bill

Reaction score
Not that. Why mod it before selling it? Why not sell the parts he bought for doing the mods and leave the truck stock? That's the best way to lose the least money.
Still, kids and money.

I’m guessing CMA = Accountant. Good gig at 22 but he should work a couple years and go for an MBA and/or JD.

PWtoRaptor

Reaction score
I work for a large city in Texas making about $100k / year plus I get VA disability. Also helps that my wife works for a large hospital system making about $70k / year.

ademarco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I served 8 years in the Army and when you’re sent to war zones, then you start to question your life decisions. I read up on successful people (Kiyosaki, Trump, etc.) and found a common connection was they built their wealth through real estate. I bought a rental property after getting out in SoCal when the market tanked. I then started working for the government and bought another rental and it just kept growing. You have to be comfortable in being uncomfortable.

I flipped some houses and it was the most scared and exciting times I’ve had since you’ve got your life savings on the line taking calculated risks. I financed the toys and let my passive income pay for all my expenses. I could retire from my investments, but I work since I’m almost 40 and target new investment options. The markets at the moment are on fire and scary times with the fed printing money like no tomorrow. The real estate market in SoCal is either going to stay high due to shortage of inventory or crash in a huge way with unemployment and interest rates rising.

Real estate investing is a tax favored asset where you get depreciation, appreciation, and principal pay down from your tenants. It does take work and headaches dealing with people, but what business doesn’t require work and dealing with people? Just think like Les Brown said, “The graveyard is the richest place on earth, because it is here that you will find all the hopes and dreams that were never fulfilled, the books that were never written, the songs that were never sung, the inventions that were never shared, the cures that were never discovered, all because someone was too afraid to take that first step, keep with the problem, or determined to carry out their dream.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk