Hot off the presses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're right, Ford is so stupid that Gen 2s Raptors have been selling like hotcakes with V6's in them for the past three years... and they have over 200,000 deposits for the Bronco and they haven't even started building them! Appears there is quite a lotof people that disagree with your opinion on the Bronco and Gen 2 Raptor lol. Ford doesn't sound that stupid to me
:signs8:

:3638400157_e7de35b0

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I got the info from PDC in dearborn where did you get yours?? raptor is leaving as to not cut into off road Bronco sales, same crap idea when they canceled the ranger because those people will just buy an F150 instead, didnt happen they bought chevy canyon mid size. Believe me I said the same thing 2 different market groups but what else can I say wish I was wrong so if you want one or want to upgrade better move fast

I honestly believe you spoke with a source in PDC and you posted with good intentions to relay information that you were told to help people out on the forum. No hate here, just suspecting that there may be more to the story. PDC is a massive division of the company; my best guess is that you spoke with someone who may or may not have been privy to the actual plans for P702 Raptor. After all, product development ranges from whose who analyze cup holder CAD renderings to the Chief Engineers and executive level management. As far as product leaks, they tend to originate from outside suppliers and sources (Bronco), so I'm guessing your source may have heard something and mentioned it to you since he or she wasn't directly part of the program. As I mentioned, I'm not doubting what you were told, just doubting the legitimacy of the information based on other factors.

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I honestly believe you spoke with a source in PDC and you posted with good intentions to relay information that you were told to help people out on the forum. No hate here, just suspecting that there may be more to the story. PDC is a massive division of the company; my best guess is that you spoke with someone who may or may not have been privy to the actual plans for P702 Raptor. After all, product development ranges from whose who analyze cup holder CAD renderings to the Chief Engineers and executive level management. As far as product leaks, they tend to originate from outside suppliers and sources (Bronco), so I'm guessing your source may have heard something and mentioned it to you since he or she wasn't directly part of the program. As I mentioned, I'm not doubting what you were told, just doubting the legitimacy of the information based on other factors.

You probably just went way over his head.

jaggwaa

Reaction score
Just curious as to why you are on this Forum. Seriously. If Ford is so "Stupid" in your opinion why contribute. It sounds like the trx is in your future. Enjoy.

Sam

I love raptor, owned a gen 1, fall in love with it. then in 2015 sold it to my cousin, and got ready to buy the gen2 with all my heart and appreciation.

BUT Then the gen2 came with that ***** maxed out v6.

Now here is the thing. If u bought it, then its ur right to defend ur purchase. Me on the other hand, went and bought a lx570, serves my purpose beyond expectations.

Since then i hve been keeping an eye on any news if the gen2 will ever get a v8 option. To a point, where now i just dont give a shit.

But what i found and what keeps me reading this forum is problems after problems after problems..... and i keep telling me man i took the best decision not to buy gen 2.

On the other side, i love gt500, ordered it few weeks ago, would be sharing pics if there was no covid bs, But it delayed my purchase. Production is back on, 2.5 months wait time.

See, i am not biased like so many here, if a product gives me what i want, i love it admire it openly.
If it lacks , i talk and express myself openly too.

Bottom line, stop being so sensitive. Accept if gen2 lacks in any categories. Man up and grow balls.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love raptor, owned a gen 1, fall in love with it. then in 2015 sold it to my cousin, and got ready to buy the gen2 with all my heart and appreciation.

Now here is the thing. If u bought it, then its ur right to defend ur purchase. Me on the other hand, went and bought a lx570, serves my purpose beyond expectations.

Since then i hve been keeping an eye on any news if the gen2 will ever get a v8 option. To a point, where now i just dont give a shit.

But what i found and what keeps me reading this forum is problems after problems after problems..... and i keep telling me man i took the best decision not to buy gen 2.

On the other side, i love gt500, ordered it few weeks ago, would be sharing pics if there was no covid bs, But it delayed my purchase. Production is back on, 2.5 months wait time.

See, i am not biased like so many here, if a product gives me what i want, i love it admire it openly.

Bottom line, stop being so sensitive. Accept if gen2 lacks in any categories. Man up and grow balls.

I feel bad for you. I own both a LX570 and a Gen2 raptor. It’s not even a close call. I can’t stand driving the LX. Way too heavy and it’s v8 not even close to performance of that ***** v6. I have speed bumps in my neighborhood. I have to slow to 20mph in the LX. With the raptor, I laugh at the bumps going 35.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The level of diplomacy and just straight maturity you employ in some of your responses here is impressive and mind boggling.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Holy shit I just got dumber reading this post.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score

LX570... isn’t that the same engine found in the Tundra that underperforms and out drinks everything it competes with from the likes of Ford, GM, RAM and even Nissan? Yeah... you made a great call! /sarcasm