Home Grown Dead Pedal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ruger

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I should have mentioned that the total cost of parts and paint is under $30. But I didn't spend near that much, because I used some scrap steel I had hanging around the garage, paint I already had, and some hardware from my nuts/bolts/washers bucket. I also didn't take months to solve this problem - just two days for design/fabrication, and two days for the paint to dry. This isn't rocket surgery.

I think that Americans have come to rely on the market rather than themselves, and that this is an unfortunate and lamentable development. (Except that it isn't "development" at all!)

Last edited:

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A "dead pedal" is a place to brace your left foot during spirited driving, off-roading, and rock crawling. My 1986 1/2 Nissan D21 4x4 had one, my GMC Canyon did not, and I think it is a ridiculous oversight that Ford didn't equip the Raptor with one.

At the SVT meeting we asked. They started that they wanted too add one, but they would have had to change around the interior to much to account for DOT regulations.

What I got from it was that they didn't have the time or money that was required to put it in. Research efforts were focused on other items.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

OP
OP
Ruger

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can I pay you to make one for me?

No, but thank you very much for the nice compliment.

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

Yukon Joe, I take that as a perfect example of how the government has hamstrung industry. My 1986 1/2 Nissan D21 Hardbody 4x4 had a dead pedal.
QUESTION: What the hell happened that something as simple as a fixed place to put your foot is so hard?
ANSWER: Big government.

Captain Awesome

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice work like the mounting point. if i had the time i would of made my own also but have way to many projects on the go so i'll just get the Craven one and modify it some what to my liking but i hear ya now days people over think things.