Home Grown Dead Pedal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No, but thank you very much for the nice compliment.

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

Yukon Joe, I take that as a perfect example of how the government has hamstrung industry. My 1986 1/2 Nissan D21 Hardbody 4x4 had a dead pedal.
QUESTION: What the hell happened that something as simple as a fixed place to put your foot is so hard?
ANSWER: Big government.

It had to do with relocating the emergency brake pedal. But yeah, you're right.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

OP
OP
Ruger

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^^ Ah, but the good old days are gone. Once upon a time the bazooka was a garage project by an Army captain and a lieutenant. They took it to the Army, and the Army put it into production just like that. Oh boy, those days are gone for the feds. But over here in my garage, I'm still doing that kind of thing. My dad taught me that creativity is good for the soul. He was right. I subsequently learned that bureaucracy is bad for the soul. I'm right, too.

So anyway, somebody please make a dead pedal for themselves, improve on my design with my blessing, and post it here. I'd love to see!

OP
OP
Ruger

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
SAFETY OBSERVATION: While I was working under the dash I noted a bare metal member that extends from the left side of the driver's foot well just under the lower edge of the dash. It has a raw unfinished edge that is very sharp, and on my 2011 it's rusting. In serious collisions people suffer lower extremity injuries, and this sharp piece of metal would do certain damage if the driver's foot or shin slammed into it. Recommend everyone round that edge at a minimum. It'll take but 5-10 minutes with whatever you've got handy - Dremel, hand file, sandpaper, etc. You might want to paint it, too.

OP
OP
Ruger

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LMAO right after you define the need, write the rqmt, show ROI & then be told your funding has been cut, but make.it work.....

Ah-ha, a fellow bureaucrat. Or at least someone who has seen the bureaucratic wheels of progress grind to a halt. It hurts to watch, doesn't it?

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A "dead pedal" is a place to brace your left foot during spirited driving, off-roading, and rock crawling. My 1986 1/2 Nissan D21 4x4 had one, my GMC Canyon did not, and I think it is a ridiculous oversight that Ford didn't equip the Raptor with one.
and this whole time I thought it was a make believe clutch pedal for when you have it in Manual mode....
I thought it was for people with short legs. :shrug: