Holy Smokes - LOUD!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lucky14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since installing the Airaid and Magnapack (14419) a couple of weeks back, I had given it a bit of gas but not really pushed it that heavily. I'm one of those folks who likes knowing I have the power and not really using it unless it's necessary...

On the way in to work this morning, I made a left onto a long stretch of 4 lane road. I pulled into the right lane as normal. Then as occasionally happens, the guy behind me in an Acura SUV decides he just has to pass "the big ugly truck" so he punches it and starts motoring around my left side with the intention of cutting back over into my lane in front of me. Happens all the time. I normally just chuckle knowing the guy is thinking about how superior his finely engineered import is...

So this morning I decided, "Hey, it's 6:15 and nobody's around, so let's see how this bad-boy really sounds...". I dropped the pedal. Holy smokes... The only comparison I can make is to the sound at a NASCAR event. It was just unbelievablly loud. I nearly blew the guy's doors off - both in pulling out past him and from the explosive (thunderous) sound coming from the Raptor. We get to the next light and I am laughing my ass off. I look over and he is pale and has this look on his face like "What the hell is in that TRUCK!?!?"... :)

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
ah yes. the rumble of my exhaust when i start her up every morning in the garage brings a smile to my face :)

OP
OP
Lucky14

Lucky14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the "SOCOMech special" setup on mine. It's been 2 hours and I'm still laughing. It's just UNBELIEVABLE.

peppercorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahaha, great story '14, way to wake him up!

Nice 'flyby' BIRDMAN......

Damn, with all these sound stories and videos I am developing a serious case of 'SOCOMech special' envy.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Gas $2.99/gal
New Exhaust $175.00
Having the ******* passing you shit his pants.

"PRICELESS" :naughty:

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
So this morning I decided, "Hey, it's 6:15 and nobody's around, so let's see how this bad-boy really sounds...". I dropped the pedal. Holy smokes... The only comparison I can make is to the sound at a NASCAR event. It was just unbelievablly loud.

Try adding headers now.........good god.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Cruise through a parking garage and watch all the car alarms go off. My bike has a nice rumble to it and it will set off alarms every time. Kind of funny to see a dozen or more alarms going off.