Hit a deer doing 60mph

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

sQuid

Reaction score
2018 Ford Raptor traveling Montana road in the mountains and deer came bolting out so quickly I nailed him full speed.

Direct hit front bumper and broadsided the deer. I sure felt it .

Got out and almost saw zero damage. The ADD front bumper is a beast.

Deers head/body must have smacked the grill tho. Those vents are all broken off and laying in the grill, cracked part of grill, front camera doesn't work, and now can't use cruise control or collision sensor.

Overall not bad at all cosmetically. Cracked grill and bottom piece of grill but can probably be glued .

I need to remove the grill and reattach the vents. Bad clicking noise from vent motor so I unplugged.

Hoping the intercooler is ok.

Pretty crazy. Definitely shook me up.

If anyone has good video or instructions on removing the grill I'd appreciate it. Hopefully fairly simple so I can see what's going on behind it.

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think this is great all considering,
This would have devastated the stock bumper i think!

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn... Truck held up well, considering. Can you keep the deer in MT? Here in ID they passed a law a few years ago to allow you to keep anything you hit. That's a nice rack on that buck. It'd be a shame to waste it.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’m glad you’re ok. I nailed one on the interstate many moons ago in a big @ss Oldsmobile, she didn’t fare as well, got a busted radiator and broke both left headlights and the nacelle. Your truck looks good considering.

I did a post on adding lights behind the grille about a year + ago, in the g2 lighting section which linked to some details on getting the grille out and separated, it may help.

I have to agree, that ADD bumper seems to have fared quite well considering.

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you may feel lucky but I beieve you are very lucky and that bumper is a BEAST. best thing is to keep that deer infront of you and NOT go up and over the hood and into windshield. I have lots of deer where. I live and worry about just such an incident. Bummer for the grill stuff damage. I have actually been eyeing the bumper that Hennesey uses on their trucks cause it has that extra lip over the bumper.