Hit a deer...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can do anything you want with the check if its paid off and if your truck was totaled you would not be able to keep because its too new. EDIT: depends on state, looks like NC is allowed

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe it's allowed in all states. The catch is you must purchase the truck from the insurance company for the salvage value, which, by law, must be disclosed to you. I personally have had several battles over this and won everytime using the words "Would you like me to get the state insurance commission involved?" ....that tends to scare the shit out of them. Also, they are required to replace your totaled truck with one of equal value. IE, if they lowball the value of your truck, simply find some comps in your area and present it to them. You may have to use the panic phase again.

NHbeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my way home the other night had two close encounters with kamikaze forest rats.
One was low speed, running straight at me, then veered off the road.
The other trotted across the road just ahead.
The Rats got no respect!

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't doubt that a bit. Oregon is full on ******* about such things as well. Yes, they may be required by law to brand the title salvage but I am pretty darn sure you still have the option to purchase it for the salvage value.

OP
OP
dbalt

dbalt

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Repairs/upgrades coming along...my driver side morimoto light won't come on. Trying to figure out if it's a faulty light or if there's issues with the factory harness. There was some moisture in the connector.

ADV fenders are getting prepped and painted this weekend along with the grill trim inserts (Please ignore how bad they look right now. They still need a proper fitment, sanding, etc) SVC baja bumper + 30" baja designs light bar will get bolted up shortly after.

All in all, not too bad of a repair job for an amateur. Need to decide on new wheels to better suit the wider front end. Want Innov8s G600s but I don't know if the budget will allow it. Wheels on a white truck are tough and I really don't care for most of the Method models. Open to suggestions. I really like the factory wheels and would prefer a similar finish or a dark bronze.

IMG_2346.JPG

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Repairs/upgrades coming along...my driver side morimoto light won't come on. Trying to figure out if it's a faulty light or if there's issues with the factory harness. There was some moisture in the connector.

ADV fenders are getting prepped and painted this weekend along with the grill trim inserts (Please ignore how bad they look right now. They still need a proper fitment, sanding, etc) SVC baja bumper + 30" baja designs light bar will get bolted up shortly after.

All in all, not too bad of a repair job for an amateur. Need to decide on new wheels to better suit the wider front end. Want Innov8s G600s but I don't know if the budget will allow it. Wheels on a white truck are tough and I really don't care for most of the Method models. Open to suggestions. I really like the factory wheels and would prefer a similar finish or a dark bronze.

View attachment 438995
perhaps have the factory wheels powder coated to a pattern of you liking.